Mute Question

Where in the circuit is the mute function? Also, is a momentary or latching function? Ideally, I'd love to have it setup as a momentary switch at the very end of the chain. That way nothing spills over when the full band stops for a second, and I also don't have to quickly tap two times (first to mute, second to unmute).

Thanks!

By default, the mute is a latching function and mutes at the beginning of the audio path. Turning on the mute also enables the built-in tuner.

However, it may be possible to use the Click Stopper circuit at the end of the audio path as a mute. Normally, it only turns on for a few milliseconds when the relays are switching, but there's no reason why it couldn't stay on longer. It isn't something I had thought of before, but I will look into it as a feature for the release. It's possible to make any button or function momentary, so there's no problem there.

ifailedshapes said:
Where in the circuit is the mute function? Also, is a momentary or latching function? Ideally, I'd love to have it setup as a momentary switch at the very end of the chain. That way nothing spills over when the full band stops for a second, and I also don't have to quickly tap two times (first to mute, second to unmute).

Thanks!

Nice idea! This would be a cool function to have.

Back