1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My GT22 setup for the Axe-Fx III

Discussion in 'GT General Discussion' started by Alexander, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Alexander

Alexander
    Expand Collapse

I'm joining @iaresee in sharing the setup of my GT22 for the Axe-Fx III.
    Couldn't be happier. (*)

(*) Maybe just a tiny little bit if some minor bugs will be fixed in the next firmware. :)

EDIT: updated the pics.

Here's the main page for my kitchen sink preset.
    The text on the second rows of the effect buttons indicates the channel.
    Bottom row buttons are scenes. Printed labels at bottom indicate the Hold functions of the scene buttons (such as Page Up etc.).
    External dual buttons add functions, such as changing my single expression pedal between Wah, Whammy, Volume, and more.

IMG_1482.jpeg

Page 2 (lesser used effect buttons, and the Cab button on the top row switches sound from mono to stereo):

IMG_1483.jpeg

Page 3 (least used effect buttons and quick-jump to acoustic simulation):

IMG_1484.jpeg

Page 4 (looper controls):

IMG_1485.jpeg

I use a preset-per-song approach to be able to display the correct tempo for the song, to name scenes according to song parts, and to switch BandHelper on my iPad. Example:

IMG_1486.jpeg

#1 Alexander, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    AdrianG, A_Rhodes and iaresee like this.
  2. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

@Alexander this is awesome. Your shared settings helped sell me on a GT/22.

Do you do per-preset switches or do you just use the same drive block and settings in all your usual gigging presets? I’ve wanted to do “names” for channels like you did but I don’t currently use the same drive block settings on every preset.

3. Alexander

Alexander
    Expand Collapse

Most buttons are global. And I do stick to the same Drives (using global blocks on the Axe-Fx) in most presets. That’s 8 Drive types (2 x 4 channels), with fixed names, and that works for me for my sounds. But you’re right: this means that when I do occasionally use another Drive block in a preset, the assigned names will no longer match the actual Drive types. Applies to other effect buttons too. I drop a hint in a scene name as a reminder in such cases.

#3 Alexander, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    iaresee likes this.
  4. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

@Alexander you inspired me! I did two things tonight: I named my channels for the Drive 1 and Drive 2 blocks on the GT/22. And the second thing, and this is big for me, I went global with Drive 1, Drive 2 and Drive 3 across my 10 or so presets I pick between. I've never used globals before but this seemed like as good as time as any to jump into globals.

So far I'm really enjoying the label <> block correlation. It's making things even easier to switch on the fly.

I'll probably do this for more blocks.

Alexander likes this.