my midi clock bricked

so I have been using my mastermind pbc10 for a couple years running a Selah Quartz as my clock. well yesterday the quartz turned into a brick (sorry for the pun). so now I have to figure out how to work around it.
I need the tuner button to send tap tempo to both my Strymon Timeline and a Walrus audio monument tremolo using an external tap input. I have the monument tap input plugged into function switch 1/2. The Timeline is using midi for its tempo.
I am so lost and I have to get this fixed before the weekend!

so how do I
1. set up each song to change the BPM on song change not preset.
2. change the function of the tuner to be a tap tempo.
3. send the tap tempo to both the timeline and tremolo.

Please Help!

Start with this:
Mastermind PBC 3.0 Auto Tap Feature

This should get the tremolo working. When you have that working, add a CC Toggle action to the tap macro that sends the Tap Tempo CC to the Timeline.

There's a setting in Global settings "Ignore Preset Tempos". Turning that on will cause all preset tempos to be ignored, allowing you to use song tempos.

I followed the video and your instructions and when I load the changes to the master mind it will send the tap to the tremolo and the timeline goes crazy and says 10k BPM or something. I provided pictures of my macros and global pagesC330E900-9F2D-4251-908A-21F67E94524D.jpeg79FD4FAF-99F7-41F4-8CA7-BD28BC3AD9B5.jpeg

I also can not figure out how to turn the tuner button into a tap tempo button. I also forgot to mention that I did creat a set list with two songs that had a tempo set and nothing happens when I change songs.

Regarding the fast tempo - make sure that MIDI Clock is set to None on the PBC

For the tuner button: remove all actions from the button, add a "System / Macro off:0 on:0" action (assuming that Macro #0 is the one you're using for Auto Tap). Turn off all checkboxes except Flash w Tempo, which should be on.

Well long story short I was able to get the quartz up and running again with new pedal firmware. Now the quartz reads one song ahead of where the PCB is! I have look over all the presets and they are correct as well as the setting on the device page. Banks are set to none and the offset is 1 if I change that to zero the it’s reads off by two songs? Is the a fix on the PBC sit or is there a bug in the new selah firmware?

Not sure of the source of the problem, but a workaround would be to adjust the PC numbers sent by the PBC.

Back