My PBC is freezing up

rsedam

My PBC has froze during a gig now three times. It gets stuck on the current preset and the only way I've been able to get it to function again is to unplug it and then power it up again. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for a remedy?

When this happens, does any button work, like the Loops button?

Make sure you have the latest firmware - if it doesn't help, then we may have to repair it.

When this happens, does any button work, like the Loops button?

Make sure you have the latest firmware - if it doesn't help, then we may have to repair it.

None of the buttons work when it freezes. I have firmware V 2.1.2 on it. I will try V 2.1.3 and see if it happens again.

I’m experiencing this with 3.1.9 and have had the PBC only a few weeks. This doesn’t sit well and makes me kind of worried about the purchase. Please advise.

I still have not seen this happen personally, so I have not been able to identify the problem. (The previous problem happened over a year ago, and I never heard back from the user). If you'd like to send your PBC in, I can investigate.

Thanks for getting back. Since I have only had it a few weeks I’m exchanging it with another from Sweetwater.

Ok, very good. That'll give me the opportunity to test it with no time constraints.

Hi. Mine also freezes on a random basis. There is so far no logic to when it happens.
I had mine repaired with new circuitboard at the store i bought it form. But it still happens. I was hoping that it would be better with firmware updates but so far no luck. Im really open to suggestions on what to do.
My only guess is that it might happen it you presses very lightly so the button barely touches the contact. But I haven't been able to reproduce it on purpose.

The fact that two units are doing the exact same thing leads me to believe that there's something else in your pedalboard that's involved. What are you using to power the PBC?

Also, please send me your settings file. It's happened once or twice before that people have run across bugs that were triggered only by very specific combinations of settings.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm using the 400mA 12v on the Voodoo Lab MONDO. This file should be up to date, but I can verify later tonight when I get home from work.

I did notice each setting that froze last night had the Thorpy FX Fallout Cloud engaged (loop 4). Nothing crazy about this pedal though...

Attachments

• Mastermind.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Benn running it a while now, so far no lockups but I'll let it run all weekend. Was your PBC hooked up to a computer when the lockup happened?

I just looked back at the videos and no USB attached when I was home. At practice I don’t connect the computer either.

Ok, I was able to get it to lock up. So, it's a firmware bug triggered by something in your settings, not a hardware issue. Now that I can reproduce it, I should be able to fix it. I will work on it in the upcoming week.

It's definitely related to tempo, disabling that will probably make the problem go away.

I found the cause yesterday and I think I have a fix for it. I should have a new version out by the end of the day.

Version 3.1.10 was just posted, which takes care of the issue. Please let me know how it goes!

Wow, Ron, your attention to your customers never ceases to amaze me. Do you have a bunch of Ron and Sherri clones running around there? :)

Keep up the great work!

Back