Need Help With External Switch (CC)

jcshirke

1. I'm using two external switches with my PBC/10. After much trial and error, I was able to get one of the switches to toggle the bypass state of my Strymon Riverside by using IA Cycle mode. It works great, *but* I don't want this to be a global setting for that switch. Can I set up what my extra switches do on a per-preset basis? I thought that's what I was doing all along, but apparently not. When I go to a different preset, that switch performs the same function. I didn't set it up under the "Global" tab. I set it up under "Presets" and then under "Preset Actions." I chose "edit local buttons," and then double clicked the appropriate switch and added my CC/IA step actions from there. What'd I do wrong? (First photo)

2. Could I do the same thing (toggle the bypass state of my Riverside) by editing one of the other buttons on my PBC? That's what I tried at first, but I got nowhere. I have three Strymon drives on loop 2 of my PBC. Each of them is on a separate MIDI channel, so I can use any one or any combination of them at any time. I thought I could send my preset from the PBC, then hit the "Loops" button, and then step on loop 2 to toggle the bypass state of my pedal(s). Somehow I didn't get it right. In this case, I have no idea what I did wrong. When I finally threw in the towel, this was how I left things. (Second photo)

Thanks for reading/helping.

347821118_626271472687274_4576790829887269864_n.jpg

347250673_9153181461423505_2528833514288825404_n.jpg

Edit All

Add photos

The place you need to edit it is in the "Ext Switch Overrides" in the lower right corner of the Presets tab. Turn on the checkbox, click Edit, then make your edits there. That should work.

The place you need to edit it is in the "Ext Switch Overrides" in the lower right corner of the Presets tab. Turn on the checkbox, click Edit, then make your edits there. That should work.

Thank you! I'll try that tonight when I'm home.

Should I also be able to engage/disengage loops from the Loops page? In this case, that would mean pressing switch 2 to turn off loop 2 (or turn it back on) . I can't figure out what I did wrong in that scenario.

Yes, those button settings look correct, I don't see a problem with them. Make sure you have Max Page (in Globals) set to 2 or higher to insure that the Loops page actually works. Are you able to get program changes working on the Riverside?

Yes, those button settings look correct, I don't see a problem with them. Make sure you have Max Page (in Globals) set to 2 or higher to insure that the Loops page actually works. Are you able to get program changes working on the Riverside?

The Riverside responds to PC messages--or at least, so far, so good. I think I have one Riverside preset saved with PBC preset 1, and a different one with PBC preset 2. I can see the Riverside LED change colors when switching from preset 1 to 2 and vice versa. The Max Button Page is set at 4. So, I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try again this evening.

Back