Neunaber Illumine MIDI switching issue

jjtguitar

Hello everyone,
Somewhere between updating to 5.0.1 and auditioning new MIDI pedals my Neunaber Illumine is all of a sudden giving me issues in regards to switching via MIDI. It is one of five MIDI pedals in my PBC10 rig. I can still scroll presets normally with my scroll command, and my IA page for the pedal works fine (recalls the appropriate preset when the corresponding ftsw is pressed).
The problem arises when I change presets. It is recalling different presets than it should.
For example, I have a song which should recall preset 4 on the Illumine. I have checked this on the PBC and on the Editor, and it saying that PC 4 is what is programmed for the Illumine for that preset. However when I choose that preset, the Illumine jumps to preset 34. This happens on numerous presets.
All of the pedals have MIDI Thru enabled, and are on the correct MIDI channel in the PBC Editor. The PBC Editor is showing me that the presets should be selecting the preset I want. All other MIDI pedals are behaving as normal.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, advice appreciated.
Settings file attached.

Attachments

• HUMP PBC H9.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I don't see anything wrong with your settings at first glance. Does it always recall preset 34, or is it random? When selecting a specific preset on the Mastermind, does it always select the same (wrong) preset on the Illumine?

You have a fair amount of MIDI devices. If the Illumine is further down the chain, try putting it first to see if it behaves any differently.

The preset I gave the example of above always recalls preset 34. Most of the presets in the songs in the set I'm working on (Hump Gala) are set to recall preset 4, which is a very basic Studio Room reverb. But the pedal is recalling a variety of presets across the different songs. Certain presets will always recall the same "wrong" preset, and there are lots of presets that are exhibiting this behaviour. So it isn't recalling random presets, no.

I tried going straight out of the PBC into the Illumine with MIDI, and the pedal seemed to work correctly then. I'm expecting delivery of an RJM Multibox any day now, so that might help, get the Illumine closer to the PBC in the MIDI chain. It is just weird that it only just started doing this. It has been fine for about 18 months or so.

MultiBox has arrived (what a great product!), and the Illumine is much happier talking directly to the PBC. Still don't know why it only recently started to happen, but the problem is solved now. My MIDI is split into three shorter chains now, and the Illumine is at the start of one of those chains, and it now seems to be changing presets as it should.
How long is too long when it comes to chains of MIDI devices?

MultiBox has arrived (what a great product!), and the Illumine is much happier talking directly to the PBC. Still don't know why it only recently started to happen, but the problem is solved now. My MIDI is split into three shorter chains now, and the Illumine is at the start of one of those chains, and it now seems to be changing presets as it should.
How long is too long when it comes to chains of MIDI devices?
The official recommendation is no more than 4 devices in series after the controller, but it depends greatly on the quality of the MIDI interfaces in each device.

Back