New Compact Board

Sp4zRX

I was running the PBC6X on a larger board for about the last year and half. I always wanted a more compact board but didn’t want to sacrifice the flexibility and control of the larger board. I think I finally achieved a compact board with all the tones and control of the bigger board but in a smaller package. This one is just 18”x13”. Nice and compact.

8859B202-977D-461D-94B7-1D4B9AAACD24.jpegAA5B86E3-EB7A-4B7D-8ABB-BE9B35BF5A5B.jpeg85BA337D-1A0C-4393-A9B8-06196366DB0F.jpeg

NIce! Using multi function pedals like that definitely expands what a small board can do. I have a very similar board on a Pedaltrain Jr, that I'll have to get around to posting soon.

NIce! Using multi function pedals like that definitely expands what a small board can do. I have a very similar board on a Pedaltrain Jr, that I'll have to get around to posting soon.
I’ve heard you say before, that your desire for a smaller board is what inspired you to create the PBC6X. I’d been very interested in seeing what you’ve put together!

I’ve heard you say before, that your desire for a smaller board is what inspired you to create the PBC6X. I’d been very interested in seeing what you’ve put together!
Lugging a Pedaltrain Pro (3ft / 1m long board) in a hard case on an airplane quickly gave me some understanding of what touring guys go through, and yes, that experience was a major inspiration for the 6X.

That's a nice setup. I'm currently contemplating downsizing myself. I went from a huge board running a BOSS ES8 that my friends dubbed the "Nimitz," then dropped to my current 800x400mm board utilising a PBC6X and a G-Lab M4L midi looper for an extra 4 loops. But that meant 2 power supplies. It's too heavy and I just turned 50 so I'm old and whiny. :) I'm going to go for mini-pedals where I need them (compression, Tube Screamer, chorus) ditch the extra 4 loops, and find the smallest stereo midi reverb pedal I can. Hopefully that'll make a big difference.

Back