New set-up

JJlondon

Hey there,
I'm looking at swapping my GCX for the Effects gizmo (more loops, better buffer,etc...) but I'm wondering if I will be able to patch my eventide time factor and use two amps for left and right delays and maybe a third one "dry" in the middle? Would the outputs be isolated? I Imagine there isnt a phase switch on the effects gizmo?
On my Gcx I used to have to use a leh-leh splitter (which is isolated and has a ground switch) to make it work.
Looking forward to putting together my new switching system... it's gonna be a beast :)
Thanks
Jonas

Yes, you could definitely use the Effect Gizmo in a wet/dry/wet setup. You could use two loops, one in mono for dry and one in stereo for effects. The effects could go in the stereo loop so you can have dry signal coming through all three cabs, then switch in the delay into the wet cabs.

The Effect Gizmo has no isolation transformers, so if you ran into grounding issues, you'd need something like a Hum Eliminator or Hum-X.

if you would use the stereo loops of the effect gizmo for the amp routing, you could use "special-non-grounding" cables instead of a hum eliminator.
but you´ll have to solder this cables on your own.

amp-float.gif

Back