New Setup trying to replicate Set IA function

Neill00

I have recently switched over to using songs and setlists and so I'm using a preset button to select solo sounds verse my previous setup which used an IA button to turn on various blocks within the same preset on my Axe FX 3. I also use the MMGT to control my vocal processor and I was previously able to set up a Set IA so that when I hit the momentary harmony button on my on my vocal processor it would turn off the IA button controlling the Solo blocks on the Axe FX. Now that the solo button for the Axe FX calls up a preset and is no longer an IA, I can't use that feature. I added IA PC and CC to the Harmony Button to return the Axe FX to the Rhythm preset that I use for this particular song. While it does pull up the preset that I want for the verse, it leaves the Solo button lit even though it's no longer active so I have to turn it off before I need to do the next solo in the song. I'm using a group for the presets and added the Harmony button to that group but it doesn't help.
If there was a system setting I could add to the Harmony button to do a second press on the solo button that would be amazing but I think there must be a way to do this already I just can't figure it out.

I found a way to do this, using the alternate preset function. In fact this alternate preset function has me re-thinking how I may go about setting up my system (here we go again). Anyway, I added a System>Preset>Alternate function to the IA button I have set up to control the harmony on my vocal processor and it turns off the solo and the button. Seems to be a perfect solution so far. But the alternate preset really has me thinking. For most songs I could just have a single button with 2 presets assigned, rhythm as the main and solo as the alternate but it looks like that would negate what I have just achieved with regard to turning off the solo with the vocal harmony button since the solo would be the alternate and I would be turning it on as opposed to off which would really end up doing nothing. This is going to require more thought or just for that song or any others that need that function I would either need 2 footswitches or I would have to have the rhythm preset as the alternate.

Back