New to PBC - NEED HELP!!!

jluparello

So my PBC 10 arrived just before the holidays. After I placed my order I went right to work in the Mastermind Editor so once everything was setup I could load my settings and go. I got everything hooked up last night and messed around with a few presets but mostly with the individual loops just to make sure everything was routing and working as expected. I loaded my settings over USB and found a few mistakes in my programming. I corrected the settings last night in the editor and went to bed. I'm just getting around to the updates now and as soon as I plugged in the USB the whole system started blinking and pulsing. See the attached video. It's been doing it intermittently for the last 15 minutes. I don't know what to do and I would hate for this to happen in the middle of rehearsal or a show. My setup is pretty straightforward. 6 pedals to the front of the amp, 2 to the amp's effects loop. Everything in mono. I'm running two P+2 power supplies to split the load. When it first started I thought that perhaps something was drawing too much from a single power supply so I started unplugging things to find the culprit. Even with the PBC being the only thing getting power it still behaved the same. Not sure where to go from here!

Attachments

• IMG_1932.mov
    1.7 MB
How are you powering it? By P+2, do you mean a Pedal Power 2 Plus? If so, you have to use outputs 5 and 6 (the Line 6 outputs) in parallel to get enough power. If it's a different supply, please let me know which one. Have you tried powering the PBC with the included power supply?

How are you powering it? By P+2, do you mean a Pedal Power 2 Plus? If so, you have to use outputs 5 and 6 (the Line 6 outputs) in parallel to get enough power. If it's a different supply, please let me know which one. Have you tried powering the PBC with the included power supply?
Yes sorry. I was typing frantically! PP2+ combining outputs 5 and 6. The dipswitches are in the “normal” 9V position. After dinner I’m going to flip them to the 12V position to see if that makes a difference.

As of now it looks like running ouputs 5 and 6 at 12v has corrected the issue. I'll update if there are any changes.

Back