New to the RJM family...

Hi all. I'm new to RJM, rack effects, and midi; I am feeling a little overwhelmed setting up my RG-16 and I'm hoping you can help. I am running the following:

Amp: Mesa Boogie Road King Series 1
RJM Loops:
1. distortion
2. overdrive
3. eq 1
4. eq 2
5. rotosphere

Now this is where it gets tricky (for me, anyway)-- I have a Alesis Midiverb 4 that I'd like to control with Midi, and a delay that I'd Ideally like after it. I was running the Midiverb through one of the effects loops on the amp, the same way your diagram suggests for an effects processor. The problem that occurred was I lost the effects after the midiverb. Maybe the loop on the amp bypasses the input on the amp??? I don't know, but that's what I'm thinking. If that's the case, how do I hook up the Midiverb on the 8th effect loop so that I can take advantage of 6 and 7th effect loops for future stomp boxes?

-- Mike

Welcome!

Regarding the problem you're seeing: I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I lost my effects after the Midiverb". Did all effects stop working, or did you try to put effects after the Midiverb in the signal chain?

Attached is a diagram showing how to wire an RG-16 for 7 loops in front of the amp and 1 in the amp's effects loop. Please check your configuration against this one - hopefully it'll help you out.

Please let us know how it goes!

Attachments

• RG-16_7Pedals_1Rack.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 212
"Did all effects stop working, or did you try to put effects after the Midiverb in the signal chain?"
I tried to put a delay after the Midiverb in the signal chain, and it cut off. Nonetheless, I stuck the Midiverb on 8, followed your diagram, and presto! Thanks for the help!

Back