Newb question

Rocknroll

basic sound. Should I not be able to have a basic clean amp sound straight through with no presets or pedals selected? For example, creating preset one on the far left, no pedals selected, I can only get guitar sound when I select my other pedals (Eq #5). It seems I should have a basic clean guitar sound.... then as I select each preset it just ads the pedals I have selected. Something is not right.it seems I have to create all of my preset with the Eq always selected as well just to get my guitar sound.there is an over all volume drop as well. When I go straight to the amp, it’s loud as hell. When I plug into PCB, no basic guitar sound and I have to select my EQ in patch 5, but it’s not near as loud as strait up amp. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Are you using any stereo pedals? How do you have the buttons on the rear panel set? This sounds like a bad cable or something getting shorted to ground.

Yes, I have three Strymon pedals Daisey chained. Time line, Mobius and Big Sky. All three seem to be working fine. I
L double check the switches on the back of each. Thanks

All three Strymons have the back switch in the up position. The PBC has the grey buttons in the “in”position.

To run a stereo setup, both the "Mono -> Stereo (out)" button and the "Mono Output" button need to be in the out position.

Video
Trouble uploading. Basically no guitar signal unless Eq pedal selected. Shouldn’t there be just a plain old straight thru guitar to amp signal. Then select presets and pedals for tone? I’ve messed with the dry signal, and that’s how I can at least get sound from he Eq pedal, switch it the other way and nothing works at all.

Last edited:
Is there supposed to be a guitar sound with no pedals selected? A thru signal from input to amp output?

Yes, as Ron already stated, you clearly have something wired wrong, a bad cable, or settings on the pedals that are wrong. All loops turned off is a straight shot from guitar to amp as you stated. If you see volume drops, you have something wrong.

I just don’t know what it could be. I use a known good guitar cable in, and a good cable out to amp. If nothing else is selected, it should be making sound.
It’s not the dry signal. Both A And B outputs selected.
Starting from scratch...

Found it! Wow, one loop jack was plugged into the middle output 1-4 jack. Killed Everything! I was banging my head. Persistence and starting from scratch! Thanks for everyone’s help.

Back