No Preset Problem

Cristopher Hunt

just got back from a gig and everything was working fine between my Axe 3 and GT16. Put everything back together to practice, and BAM! No presets! I followed the instructions to use the PCB Utility, and all i get is this never ending scroll of text. I let it go overnight, and its still scrolling. Did something get knocked loose? I'm pretty careful with my gear. Any ideas?

it looks like its erasing files. everything begins with the word file. the rest is a blur. but i had it running all night and it still didn't finish. When mine goes into this mode, the contrast on the screen is so low that i can barely make out what it's doing.

If it's doing that, you definitely don't need to let it run, it's not doing what it's supposed to.

Can you get into the setup menu on the GT? If so, a factory reset from there might fix it.

I had 4.23 firmware installed, so i tried 4.3 and got this after it loaded. It says to hold down the two buttons to get into setup, but it doesn't do anything.

IMG_0818.jpg

Ok, that is locked up for sure. Try a different flash drive, or at least reformat the flash drive in FAT format, then copy the MMGT Utility file on to it again.

do you have a link for the newest version of the utility file. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct one. As a matter of fact I think i have the utility for the PBC

Back