OK guys, I just got my GT/16 (for Axe Fx 2)

Ant music

Hi I just got my GT/16 today so it was a rather expensive day today. I have just come from having struggled for about 2 and a half years with the disastrous Liquid Foot 12+. I'm so glad to be getting rid of that thing.

Anyway moving on. I'm trying to set up my GT/16 to do my bidding using the software editor so I am going to have a bunch of questions.

Now first off, it seems as though there is no way to create your own IAs or even edit the default ones. Please tell me that's not true? This will spell big trouble for me and the way I run my Axe Fx 2.
The way I have used my Axe Fx with other devices is that I often create my own IA's for different functions. I can't seem to find a way to even bring up a list of IAs.

2nd question: is there a way to edit to colour scheme for the different function types? I couldn't see anything like that in the global settings.

Last edited:
Also I am wondering if I can edit the font sizes on the main display? Most of my song titles look all cut off and jumbled around because of the very large font type. Ideally if I could cut off the Preset number I'd have 3 more characters on the display. No need to see the preset number I think.

Last edited:
Ok I figured out how to edit your IAs by double clicking them. What I don't understand so far is how to have two functions on the one switch? One IA just being on and off, and holding the switch to toggle a secondary IA function.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I read it and I pretty much get most of what it's saying but what I can't figure out is that when I select the button mode to be a hold function, I can't figure out how to select an existing IA to be the hold function. It only allows me to select a generic IA for this

When I do this my switch reads:

DRIVE 1
IA

But I want the button to read:

DRIVE 1
Drive 1 x/y

I want to select the "Drive 1 x/y" IA for the hold function. There doesn't seem to be a way to select the "Drive 1 x/y" from a drop down menu in order to assign it to the hold function.

The wiki link doesn't seem to address this.

Last edited:
Back