Onsong Connection to PBC10

Roxxstar

Hey everyone,
I'm looking to connect Onsong via Bluetooth (Yamaha MD-BT01 or similar) to the PBC so that when I select a song in Onsong it changes the corresponding song in the PBC. I'm not a MIDI expert so I'm asking if either of the following options would work for the physical connection:

Option 1
1. Connect 2 - Y MIDI cables to the PBC's MIDI in & MIDI out giving me 2 - MIDI In's & 2 - MIDI outs. Connect my hard-wired MIDI cables from my pedals to one side of the Y cables for MIDI in & MIDI out, and connect the Yamaha Bluetooth to another MIDI Y in & Out.

Option 2:
2. Buy a 4 into 2 MIDI pass-through box and connect everything through the pass-through box.

Or is there an easier / better way?

Thanks

Mark

Either one could work, but the details are very important. For option 1, the Y cables have to be specifically wired for this purpose. They're not really even Y cables, they split our bidirectional MIDI ports into individual input and output connectors. Custom cable builders like Best-tronics can make these cables.

Option 2 - you would need a MIDI Thru box to split the GT's output, and a MIDI Merge box to combine inputs. The MD-BT01 draws its power from the MIDI port, and I'm not sure if that would work in this case.

Also, if anyone has set up the PBC Mastermind to be controlled by OnSong, (Song selection on Onsong, changing to the song on the PBC via MIDI) please IM or email me. It seems like a black hole to me and I'm looking for a step-by-step "how-to".

Thanks all

Hey everyone, resurrecting a bit of an older thread...
I have gotten OnSong to control/change the song on the PBC (PBC10 in my case). I followed Ron's advice on Option 1 listed above and had Y MIDI cables made by Best-tronics.

The good news is I've gotten it to work using a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth MIDI Adapter connected via a Y cable to the MIDI IN&OUT on the PBC. All my MIDI pedals (Strymon Timeline & Big Sky, H9) all work great and there are zero functional issues.

The bummer is OnSong sends a MIDI event program change via the Bank LSB. The Bank LSB = PBC song number (Song list, song number), therefore, I can only send 0 - 127 songs...

Any Ideas?

Also, happy to help anyone if they need details on the setup, just send me a PM.

Back