Out of phase problems

Talesmusic

I had my first gig tonight with the RJM and I had problems with getting my two amps in phase. First I thought I had to go to the switch page and hold the 2nd amp switch for three seconds to flip the phase (did work for one preset but not everytime weirdly enough) but that is on a preset to preset basis. I then did it in the ‘audio’ tab in the editor but I couldn’t get it right. What am I doing wrong? The house technicians resoldered my speaker cable as a solution but I really want to understand it.

I have a board that has all mono effects that goes stereo out into a H90, Collider and a Ventris (all stereo wired). What are the right settings for this setup? Am I missing something?

Holding the button down will only affect the current preset. To get it to stay inverted, you need to go into the editor, select Invert under Output B, and click the lock icon next to Output B to lock that setting. Or, in the PBC's setup menu, go into Audio Settings > Output B > Invert, then set Default Setting to On and Lock Setting to On.

Holding the button down will only affect the current preset. To get it to stay inverted, you need to go into the editor, select Invert under Output B, and click the lock icon next to Output B to lock that setting. Or, in the PBC's setup menu, go into Audio Settings > Output B > Invert, then set Default Setting to On and Lock Setting to On.
I actually did exactly this in the editor except for the Lock setting. Is it not doing anything If I don’t check the lock button?

I think I fixed it. There was something weird going on with my H90, somehow it summed the 2 mono-signals before going to the two amps

I had this problem again last Saturday. Is this perhaps because of my setup? The output A+B goes into input 1+2 of my H90 > stereo in/out SA Nemesis ADT > stereo in/out SA Ventris > amps. When I flipped the phase, nothing changed in the sound. Do the stereo pedals have something to do with this? Do I need to flip the phase after all the effects?

I had this problem again last Saturday. Is this perhaps because of my setup? The output A+B goes into input 1+2 of my H90 > stereo in/out SA Nemesis ADT > stereo in/out SA Ventris > amps. When I flipped the phase, nothing changed in the sound. Do the stereo pedals have something to do with this? Do I need to flip the phase after all the effects?
Yes, it's likely that the pedals are blending some of the signal from right to left and left to right, so any phase relationships between the two will get messy. You'll need something to invert the phase at the end of the chain.

Okay, I have a Warped Vinyl in loop 10 which is mono, I could put all my stereo effects after the warped vinyl in loop 10 (mono send, stereo return) or is this not possible?

Okay, I have a Warped Vinyl in loop 10 which is mono, I could put all my stereo effects after the warped vinyl in loop 10 (mono send, stereo return) or is this not possible?
You can as long as all of your stereo effects are stereo in, stereo out, and you can control them via MIDI.

Okay, that's great; thank you very much. Just to be sure, I can put my Warped Vinyl, H90, Nemesis, and Ventris all in loop 10 (and control them via MIDI) via Mono send and stereo return. Can I use this cable for the stereo return?

I already have this cable lying around, that's why

Okay, that's great; thank you very much. Just to be sure, I can put my Warped Vinyl, H90, Nemesis, and Ventris all in loop 10 (and control them via MIDI) via Mono send and stereo return. Can I use this cable for the stereo return?

I already have this cable lying around, that's why
That should work, yes.

Back