page 4 stompbox mode

plexi2

I've created a page 4 where it has the same six presets as page 1 all dry with no effects.
On page 4 I would like to stomp on various pedals on some of the top row buttons and have them stay on until I returned to any one of my dry presets on page 4 where they would all or singly cancel when I stomped on one of my dry presets.In other words starting from a dry preset I would like to add a pedal or 2 or 3 then by stepping on the same dry preset or any other dry preset it would cancel all the pedals with just one button push of any saved dry preset.(without having to select the loops page)

I know there is no stomp box mode but I would like to add a pedal to a preset then return back to a preset without storing it as part of the preset

Page 2 (the loops page) works that way - you can turn on individual pedals, which are not saved unless you hold the Loops button down for 3 seconds. Selecting a preset on page 1 will revert the loops to however the loops were last stored for that preset.

I also have questios on this topic. Given that page 2 (loops page) to control effects at any given time without saving it. Would it be possible to add another loop page and put different kinds of effects for each buttons? I really wanted to program my pbc 6x like the Fractal fm3 with the fc 6, where there are 3 buttons 1-for preset page, 2nd to access scene page, 3rd to access effects

I also have questios on this topic. Given that page 2 (loops page) to control effects at any given time without saving it. Would it be possible to add another loop page and put different kinds of effects for each buttons? I really wanted to program my pbc 6x like the Fractal fm3 with the fc 6, where there are 3 buttons 1-for preset page, 2nd to access scene page, 3rd to access effects
Definitely, you have 16 pages to work with, any of them can be set up to control any device.

I'm using the PBC 10 and am using a lot of pages similar to what you're talking about. the tricky part is thinking through the navigation from page to page if you want something more "dynamic" rather than a simple page+1 scroll. For instance my primary page is Page 4 which i've set up as my "control center" and i'm using a macro on startup to load page 4. From here I can select my individual effects page, presets or perform admin tasks.
Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 4.01.51 PM.png

rather than using the Loops page, i created my own FX page to add in other things like tap tempo, mute/tune as well as hold functionality for other menu options (just takes you to another page that i have configured for each midi pedal).
Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 4.02.22 PM.png

for example, this is the expanded page for my delay to change presets, subdivisions, etc...
Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 4.02.41 PM.png

to make everything work as expected i really had to map out page navigation and assign buttons to either go back a page or just to a different page all together to make sure i didn't create any dead-ends. i'm primarily using the top left button as my "back" or "home" button depending on what page i'm on. this gives me all of my songs/presets on page 1 that i can cycle through but also more traditional pedal board setups with expanded control over a few pedals if i'm recording or writing. even with all of the added functionality/pages i'm still only using 8/16 pages.

Thank you for sharing your settings. That’s interesting! I like the idea of making a Home/Base page. I think I’m gonna do the same thing, and set the other pages to have a button to go back to base. Can you give me the details on how to set up a Macro to start up to a different page?

Update: I have set up my pbc 6x to do the same concept as yours, which is to have a “Command Center”. All assigned buttons are working fine as expected, but I do have a little issue, and I couldn’t figure out how to avoid or fix this. The issue I have is whenever I step on one of the buttons on the Command Center (page 7) in which I assigned them as 1st button (go to page 2), 2nd button to (go to page 4), and the 3rd button (go to page 6), I need to step on the button TWICE in order for it to function, and sometimes it will work on just a step. It is kind of a hit or miss. It’s a bit annoying. Hope you’ll get what I mean. I am hoping that Ron has a solution for this issue, or fix this on the next firmware update.

awesome! glad that was helpful!! macros are super easy. you build them the same way you would build a Preset Action with one added step on the Global page

this is how i have it built in the macros tab (note it's number 0):
Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 9.15.08 AM.png

and on the globals tab in the top left section you need to set what macro you want to run on startup:
Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 9.15.30 AM.png

Update: I have set up my pbc 6x to do the same concept as yours, which is to have a “Command Center”. All assigned buttons are working fine as expected, but I do have a little issue, and I couldn’t figure out how to avoid or fix this. The issue I have is whenever I step on one of the buttons on the Command Center (page 7) in which I assigned them as 1st button (go to page 2), 2nd button to (go to page 4), and the 3rd button (go to page 6), I need to step on the button TWICE in order for it to function, and sometimes it will work on just a step. It is kind of a hit or miss. It’s a bit annoying. Hope you’ll get what I mean. I am hoping that Ron has a solution for this issue, or fix this on the next firmware update.
i absolutely get what you mean. that happens intermittently for me as well. i also haven't found a solution. hopefully @rjmmusic can weigh in!!

i absolutely get what you mean. that happens intermittently for me as well. i also haven't found a solution. hopefully @rjmmusic can weigh in!!
I already found the solution for this! So, everytime a button is assigned to go to a certain page (system/page action under IA), the momentary box should be checked. Now I am able to go to a different page with just a tap! Ron is a genius!

Back