Pairing PCB10 with Chase Bliss Preamp MK2

AyoNixon

I can't get them to talk to eachother! I have three other midi pedals hooked up to the mastermind and they work fine, but when I added the fourth, I can't get the Preamp to receive messages from the mastermind. To set the Preamp's midi channel, I have to hold down some buttons til the display flashes, then send it a message from the mastermind, and whatever Midi channel I send it on is what the Preamp sets its Midi channel to. But it just never gets that message. Any clues?

So the Preamp receives messages on midi channels 1-3, even though it was set to ch 4 in the mastermind, but when i plug it into the chain as ch 4, nothing gets through. Would that mean the 3rd pedal in the chain isn't passing midi?

So the Preamp receives messages on midi channels 1-3, even though it was set to ch 4 in the mastermind, but when i plug it into the chain as ch 4, nothing gets through. Would that mean the 3rd pedal in the chain isn't passing midi?
It's possible... try plugging the Preamp directly into the PBC's MIDI output and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply! I did that, and it receives PC messages. It receives them in ch 2 and 3 as well, but as soon as I move it to the 4th position in the chain, it stops receiving anything. I've attached a screenshot of the mastermind's device page, I'm assuming there's something I'm missing here.Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 1.32.21 PM.png

Check the settings on your 3rd pedal in the chain. Both the Timeline and Big Sky should have MIDI Thru (MIDITH) set to Merge.

Back