Parallel Dry Signal Problem

Terry Richalds

Hello!

Having trouble with my PBC parallel setup.
I just got my PBC and wired up the 2 stereo pedals I have (Strymon TimeLine and Big Sky).
I have both pedals set to Kill Dry.
When I turn on my amps - the LEFT amp still has the dry signal and left delay/reverb effects.
The RIGHT amp ONLY has the delay/reverb effects but NO dry signal.
Both midi pedals have stereo returns with TRS jacks into Returns 9 and 10.
When I turn the pedals off my dry signal obviously increases massively because it engages in the RIGHT amp again.
HELP!!!
My Mac Editor file is attached if that helps...

Attachments

• MMPBC.rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
I've responded via email and another post, but I just realized that my previous answers are probably wrong. Can you verify this for me: If you turn on a preset that has the Timeline loop on, make sure that the dry send to the mixer is on, and turn the mix knob on the Timeline all the way down, do you get signal out of one side or both? Then, if you switch the Timeline loop to series, what happens?

Make sure that you have the "stereo/mono" input button on loop 7 set correctly. When it's set wrong for me, I get the same result you're getting.

The Mono -> Stereo button should be in the out position if you want to convert an incoming Mono signal to stereo. Pushing it in will pass the input signal without changing it. If the input is mono, the signal passed to loop 7 is mono, if the input is stereo, the signal passed to loop 7 is stereo.

Ok Ron - so when I use Loop 9 with the TimeLine in it in Series mode without Killdry the Dry signal goes to both of my amps as well as the stereo pingpong delays. When I do Line Mixer/Parallel Mode - the left amp has Dry and left delay and the right amp still has only the right delay effect but no dry signal. I have the Stereo Input button pulled out. I have put generic Hosa Insert Cables that I didn't custom solder in to double check that my Insert Cables aren't wrong and I get the same result. Everything seems to work right unless I'm using the Line Mixer... which is WHAT I want to use haha! I have the Audio Summing mod on the PBC as well just for reference. Am I missing anything?

Also I have a mono cable sending to the TimeLine because I was under the understanding that if I was never going to use my delays, verbs and modulation in Series then I only had to send a mono signal to the Left Input of each pedal in Loops 7-10. All that being said - I just plugged a stereo Insert cable into the TimeLine L&R inputs and now both amps have the Dry signal as they should with all of the stereo delay effects working normal. So is it due to the Audio Summing mod that I can't just send a mono send to my Strymon's? I'm ok using Insert cables on both the Send and Return of Loops 7-10 but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that's wrong with the current symptoms...

Hey, I do have the input 7 button out (mono). I have the stereo summing mod on my PBC also.

You could use a mono cable on the Timeline if it were in loop 7, but after that, all send/returns have to use insert cables. That seems like the next step based on how you've set it up.

If they're always in parallel, then the effect inputs can be mono.

I have a feeling that there's something wrong with your PBC. Contact me at support@rjmmusic.com and we'll work it out.

Back