Patch for PBC Masterminds to Annex MEGX Loops

George

I'm coming up against reality vs my expectations of the MEGX and an 6X with respect to operational restrictions that I didn't fully understand at the time I made the MEGX purchase. I had thought that the PBC/6X was going to "add" the MEGX loops into its matrix control such that the PBC would continue to be the master and the Megx a slave (i.e the MEGS Loops would "show" on the PBC/6X). In some respects thats true, the 6X can send PC/CC's to the MEGX and initiate, change, or turn off a loop or group of loops or change MIDI controlled feature and presets of a pedal but it appears I can't mix and match the order of loops/effects between the two boxes. In other words "cross mix" such that loops from the 6X can be mix with individual loop order on the MEGX (e.g. 6X#1, MEGX#4, 6x#3, MEGX#5, 6X#2 are on and in that order) I don't know if its even possible to do such a firmware upgrade but it really would be advantageous with respect to ordering ALL pedals under Mastermind control.

Last edited:
It would be nice, but it's physically impossible to have all of the MEGX and PBC loops fully intermix with each other like that.

One thing you can do is put the MEGX in a PBC loop. That way, you can move the MEGX's loops within the PBCs loops. The MEGX loops would always be in a group together - you couldn't have PBC loops inserted between MEGX loops, for example. But, your MEGX loops could be inserted between any two PBC loops. And, the MEGX loops could be reordered among themselves.

One thing you can do is put the MEGX in a PBC loop. That way, you can move the MEGX's loops within the PBCs loops. The MEGX loops would always be in a group together - you couldn't have PBC loops inserted between MEGX loops, for example. But, your MEGX loops could be inserted between any two PBC loops. And, the MEGX loops could be reordered among themselves.
I had a subliminal flash along those same lines about 3a.m. this morning...we'll give it a go!!

Back