PBC 10 Setup & Loop Order Advice

Gordon

Hello, I’m new to the pedal switcher game, but I’ve been brainstorming a new board build for a while around the Mastermind PBC 10 and I’m close to making it happen. Below is what I’ve come up with so far for loop layout, although I’d welcome some input. I will obviously experiment more with pedal order in isolation before the build, but I want to lock it down since, as I understand, the PBC 10 doesn’t offer loop reordering.

Loop 1: Vemuram Shanks II fuzz (silicon/FET)
Loop 2: Mu-Tron Micro-Tron IV
Loop 3: Keeley Compressor
Loop 4: Archer Ikon
Out 1-4 > VOLUME PEDAL > In 5-6
Loop 5: Analog.man Prince of Tone
Loop 6: Fulltone Deja-Vibe
Out 5-6 > NOISE GATE (maybe) > Amp input
In 7-10 > FX Send

Loop 7: Strymon Lex
Loop 8: Strymon Flint
Loop 9: Strymon Timeline
Loop 10: Pigtronix Infinity Looper
Output A/Left > FX Return

I will be running cable connections through a GigRig Cinco Cinco junction box so that I have the ability to bypass the effects loop and run everything in front of the amp when needed. As I understand it, just a patch cable connecting Out 5-6 to In 7-10 is all that’s needed, yes? Then, run Output A/Left to the amp input instead.

I’ve been debating running fuzz first vs. gain stacking after the POT. Also, any experience in how silicon fuzzes react with the PBC buffers?

Loop 7 doesn’t seem like the ideal spot for the Lex, but I don’t know where else to put it. Anyone ever use one in their effects loop? I’m running the Flint before the Timeline since I use it more for trem than verb, but I’m open to swapping the order.

For the Infinity Looper in loop 10, the basic idea is to essentially create two of every preset — one with the looper bypassed and another with it engaged, depending on the gig. I haven’t found much on how to run the Infinity with the PBC, but loop 10 makes the most sense to me. By my understanding, as long as loops 7-10 are in series, it should be able to sample both the wet and dry signal.

I know this is a ton of info to throw down in one post, but thoughts on this setup would be much appreciated. Please feel free to chime in on as much or as little as you can. Thanks!!!

It all looks ok to me, but if you use a noise gate, it's better to put it right after the effect loop send. If you do run into an issues with the fuzz and buffer, it's easy to program buffer #1 to turn off on presets where the fuzz is on.

Thanks! For the noise gate, do you mean
In 7-10 > noise gate > FX Send?
Not sure what else you would mean by after the FX send since it wouldn’t make sense to run it in loop 7.

The signal flow's direction really goes FX Send < Noise Gate < In 7-10, so I would consider that "after" the send.

Do you have any "always on" pedals? If so, you could leave them out of a loop, or place them in the 4>5 insert, saving a loop for something else.

Back