PBC/6X Insert Loop in Split Mono with One Return

nd9397

Hi,

I want to use the insert loop in split mono and use one loop as a send only with no return to amp1 and the other loop send to amp2, and then have amp2 fx send go to insert loop return as a TS mono cable. I basically want to be able to move the send-to-amp1 loop order so I can put it either before the wet effects to get a dry amp1 or after to get a wet amp1. Then use the other loop to always place wet effects in fx loop of amp2.

I’ve read about how if you don’t have a return, the send signal will effectively be split and be the input to the next loop in the chain. This is what I want. I’m wondering though if this will not actually work because I have a physical cable plugged into the insert return on the PBC, even though I’m not returning the split mono loop that went to amp1?

Can you confirm one way or the other if I can use the insert loop in split mono as two loops, do a send only of one loop and a send/return of the other, and still get a signal split copy of the send only signal to the next loop in the chain?

I would just try this, but I don’t yet have the insert cables to test it, and the answer to this will help me decide on the specifics of the cables I’m buying.

Hope I’ve explained that well enough. Thanks!

Last edited:
You will have something plugged into the return jack, so you won't be able to use either side of that loop as a splitter.

Back