PBC 6X problem

Jotovibe

I gigged with my PBC/6X for the first time last night. At random times it would just jump to a high number preset in the 300s. I had to turn it off and on again 3 times mid song during my set to reset it. Once it powered back up it was back to my presets and was fine until it happened again. I am only using about 25 presets. Any ideas why it's doing this or could it be something I did ? The fact that it did it a few times makes me think it's not anything I did and I'm nervous about gigging with it .

330714391_3477488272486160_6162735058384361330_n.jpg

Ok, please let me know:

- Are you using an Axe-Fx or other multi effect not pictured here?
- Do you have anything plugged into the PBC's MIDI jack or USB jack normally?
- How is MIDI Receive Channel set (in MIDI options)?
- Do you have any System / Preset actions in your settings?

Ok, please let me know:

No I have the HX stomp and 6X hooked up with the 4CM into a Mesa Boogie Fillmore

Only the HX stomp is plugged into the 6X via MIDI

It says None

I am not sure what you mean. I am new to Switching and MIDI. I have the 6X doing only PCs with the HX stomp. I make a patch in the HX stomp and I set my preset in the 6X to the same PC number as the patch.

Thank you !

Can you save the settings file from the editor and send me that file? I can have a look and see if it's a settings issue.

Ok, I don't see anything wrong in there. But, try this experiment - in the Buttons tab, right-click on the Bank Down external switch on the far right, the one off to the side of the PBC. In the menu that pops up, select Type > Off. Do the same for the Bank Up external switch on the far right. See if that helps.

This will tell us if the external switch jack is acting up. Some older units would have issues where it would act like an external switch is attached (and being pressed) when there was nothing actually attached. Changing the settings so that those external switches do nothing is a workaround for the issue.

Is this an older PBC?

Ok, I don't see anything wrong in there. But, try this experiment - in the Buttons tab, right-click on the Bank Down external switch on the far right, the one off to the side of the PBC. In the menu that pops up, select Type > Off. Do the same for the Bank Up external switch on the far right. See if that helps.

This will tell us if the external switch jack is acting up. Some older units would have issues where it would act like an external switch is attached (and being pressed) when there was nothing actually attached. Changing the settings so that those external switches do nothing is a workaround for the issue.

Is this an older PBC?
Ok I will try. How do I tell if it is an older 6x? I bought it brand new from the Guitar Sanctuary about 6 months ago in August.

Ok I will try. How do I tell if it is an older 6x? I bought it brand new from the Guitar Sanctuary about 6 months ago in August.
Ok, that's very unlikely to be old, then. They sell a fair amount of PBCs. I guess it's possible that a newer unit could have the same problem, but it's not something I remember seeing.

Back