PBC/6X Routing

baconbrain

Hello,

I am new to the forum and want to start by saying how incredibly impressed I am with the PBC/6X. It is truly a fantastic product and I continue to be surprised at its flexibility.

I currently have a Hotone Ampero Stage II modeler connected to the PBC via stereo to loop five. In one particular scenario, I use the Ampero as a splitter and route the signal internally only to its stereo balanced outputs. Therefore, there is no return signal going through the Ampero unbalanced outputs back to the PBC (although the insert cable is physically connected to the loop five return port). Somewhat to my surprise the Mono signal from the other pedals, which preceed the modeler, is no longer forwarded to the PBC output. If I remove the insert cable from the PBC loop five return port, both signals will be routed correctly.

I assume that the PBC is routing as designed, or can I approach this differently?

Last edited:
That's correct. When a loop is activated, the loop send is connected to the previous loops, and the loop return is connected to the following loops. If no signal comes back from the Ampero, then there's no signal to pass to the remaining loops and the output. This is just like unplugging the output from a pedal in a traditional switcher-less pedalboard. You're not going to get any output.

Unplugging from the return allows the signal from the previous loops to continue to the next loops.

There isn't any way to handle both cases (routing to the Ampero using the send and return, and routing to the Ampero using only the send) without physically plugging and unplugging the return each time. Is there any way to get the Ampero to route signal to both the balanced and unbalanced inputs? That's the only thing that would get you the solution you're looking for.

Thanks for the prompt response. That is kind of what I was expecting and it is one of a 1000 options which I can live without. :)

Back