PBC 6x Will Not Control H90 Over Midi

scholl2512

Hello,

I've found a few other people online that seem to be running into the same issue, but no solutions. No matter what I do, I cannot get my H90 to respond to my PBC over Midi. I've trying playing around with just about every setting that I can think of on both devices with no luck. I have a Timeline/Big Sky working just fine in the same setup.

Anyone find a solution to this problem? Settings file attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• PBC Settings.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
I don’t know if the H90 has the same issue, but I had this problem with my H9 when I had USB and MIDI both connected at the same time. I originally had both wired in all the time so I could connect to a USB hub on my board to access all my USB capable pedals with a single USB cable. I had to disconnect USB and rely only on Bluetooth to connect from my computer or mobile device and edit presets. Once I took the usb connection out of the equation, the MIDI connection was 100% reliable.

Ahh, that's a good thought! And I actually an angled USB-C adapter plugged in at all times to the H90 to get easier access on a crowded board. But unfortunately that did not seem to help even after restarting both devices. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

If it isn't directly connected to the PBC's MIDI output, try connecting it that way and see if it changes anything.

It does happen to be directly connected. It sends through messages just fine, but nothing seems to help even when I try to swap midi cables or just go PBC > H90 with nothing else.

If the MIDI channel is set correctly on the H90 and it still doesn't respond to program changes, it's quite possible that there's something wrong with the MIDI input on the H90.

One other thing you could try is to set the H90 to the same channel as one of your other pedals. If the H90 doesn't change presets, and the other pedal does, then there's definitely a settings or hardware issue in the H90.

Okay that actually did get some communication going! So the only thing I'm able to control at the moment are the Device PC + or - (that's something I hadn't tried previously). But still not able to get anything to work by using IAs/CC Actions. I feel like I'm missing something really simple but cant' figure it out. I'm just using the pre-programed H90 device settings.

Sorry I can't necessarily help, but I'm using RJM PBC/6X with my Eventide H90 pretty successfully, with presets, and CCs both with buttons and with my expression pedal. I'd therefore encourage you to persevere! You might want to make sure that the CCs in the RJM PBC/6X correspond with what has been set up in the H90, although program changes ought to work without any further setup. I attach some relevant screen shots showing my setup.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 7
Ah, I've just realised - CCs won't work unless you configure them in the H90! Which is what I did, as you can see.

Ahh, yes - that was it! Thank you @mcvittym! So strange that the H90 ships with no numbers assigned.

So got everything working, although it's taking two button presses to send bypass commands. Did you happen to run into an issue like that when programming or have a screenshot of one of your programmed buttons on the PBC?

Don't think I need two button presses. Here's a screenshot!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 5
Back