PBC Editor stopping midi IO over USB?

middle_pickup

So I'm pretty sure I have done this before, but I can't get it to work now. I'm having trouble using the Nixie Strymon editor app AND the PBC edit app at the same time. Does the PBC10 stop sending midi over USB while it's connected to the PBC edit app? It's a pain to have to save your work, close the PBC editor, shuffle between the two apps, and not lose your work.

Yes, there's a known issue with that. I don't know if I can find the thread now, but there have been other threads on it. My experience has been that Nixie itself reads my Strymon pedals, but it doesn't appear to write to them. When I update or add a new preset in Nixie, then click "Write", it doesn't update the view to show that it's been written. However, I've found that if I only update one preset at a time, and click "Write," it does write to the pedal. Then I click "Read" and it updates Nixie to show the preset as written. It's a bit more tedious but I usually only update one at a time anyway.

I don't know if this is due to the PBC app being open or using the PBC as my midi interface to the computer, but I always have the PBC editor open and the above workflow still works for me.

Back