PBC insert loop signal routing help

middle_pickup

I'm adding a DD-5 to my rig. I have three ideas about how I should wire it up to the second insert loop on my PBC/10. The first working idea is being discussed in another thread since it's kind of complicated and needs its own space just to keep the logic straight.

First idea. This is a bit unconventional, so please help me think it through...
PULENDy.jpg

In this diagram I'm using the first loop of the Hex to feed the dry signal to the DD-5, and take the left channel out of the DD-5. Loop two of the Hex is taking the right channel from the DD-5, and loop three will always be on so it can be used as an output. I think that this signal path has a problem though. I'm concerned that this signal path will mute the right channel of audio when in bypass. If I'm right about this, that means I would get a volume boost when I bring the DD-5 loops into the signal path.

Another downside to this plan is that I will give up delay trails.

Second idea. This one is a little easier to brain through, but I have one question about it.
DrvMmKa.jpg

In this diagram, I'm using loop one of the Hex as an A/B switch to either send the dry signal to the DD-5 or the mini line mixer. This routing is nice because loop one of the Hex still gets to function as a normal true bypass loop as far as the PBC knows. When I tell the PBC to engage the loop, the DD-5 gets fed the guitar signal. When I tell the PBC to bypass the loop, the DD-5 is effectively bypassed. I also get to keep my sweet delay trails.

I have one question though. Will the dry signal being sent to the MLM's channel 4 input be sent to both the left and right sides? If it doesn't, I'm going to have the same problem as I think I do in the first diagram.a

In the first one, you'd need a Y cable to send the PBC's send to both input 1 and input 2.

I think the second one would work. The dry signal is going in to the R/Mono side, which does send to both sides if nothing is plugged into the left side.

In the first one, you'd need a Y cable to send the PBC's send to both input 1 and input 2.

I think the second one would work. The dry signal is going in to the R/Mono side, which does send to both sides if nothing is plugged into the left side.
Ah man! All of that is super good to hear! Thank you as always!

Back