PBC loop order/programming

Dryheaves

Hey everyone,

I've currently got a new pedalboard build taking place and it'll be utilizing the PBC 10. Below is the signal path and the corresponding loops on the PBC:

pre
  • wah
  • tuner
  • compressor
PBC
L1: DIRTY SHIRLEY
L2: THE DUDE
L3: JAN RAY
L4: KLON
L5: STEEL STRING & FAT BOOST
L6: MOBIUS PRE
OUT TO FRONT OF AMP
RETURN FROM EFFECTS LOOP
L7: MOBIUS POST
L8: TIMELINE (MONO)
L9:HOF MINI
OUTPUT TO EP BOOSTER

The world of midi switchers is a new one to me, so forgive me if my questions may seem obvious.

1. Can I program any button on the PBC to activate any loop? I know that the buttons are labeled L1, L2, etc., but am I stuck with having those loops on those buttons?

I'm basically wanting to ignore the labeling of the PBC and have it setup as follows:

1. Button 1 activate L5 with the steel/fat boost
2. Button 2 activate the Jan Ray in L3
3. Button 3 activate The Dude in L2
4. Button 4 activate the Dirty Shirley in L1
5. Button 5 activate the Klon in L4
6. Function button activate the Klon and Timeline

The top row of buttons would activate various presets on the timeline and mobius.

How would I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, any button can be assigned to any function. You will need the Mastermind Editor software, available on our website, to make the changes. In the Buttons tab, you can right click on each button, select Assign CC > Internal > Loop x, where x is the loop number you want the button to control. Send settings to the PBC and that should take care of it.

Ron created a nice timeline sample setup for the PBC. Though it's a bit older now based on the ever improving editor, the process is the same. My suggestion would be to create a button page for some of your midi devices. It's easier to reference them plus you can use the page to sample the pedal.

Back