Pbc master tempo clock

Chuck Hanning

I’m using the pbc to control guitar effects via midi but am also using with dittoX4 looper and beat buddy for practice.
I’m having a problem when I use a shuffle based beat on the beat buddy (which feeds into the dittoX4). When I set the tempo via the pbc using an external tap tempo button I have set up, it sets up quarter notes per beat. However on the beat buddy it responds to the quarter note per beat as 2/3 tempo. For example if I set 81 bpm on pbc, it counts every two eighth notes and recalculates to 53 bpm (2/3 of 81).

on the beat buddy forum it was mentioned that I need to have the slave and master clocks set to same note division. I.e. either quarter note or dotted quarter note. Because they are set up differently that’s why they are locking to different tempos.
Does the pbc master clock have a note division setting? I don’t remember seeing one? I’m thinking this is a setting in the beat buddy I need to figure out but wanted to check.
Thanks,
Chuck

There are per-preset tempo divisions for the PBC. If you have the editor open, go to the preset tab and look in the upper right corner. There are tap divisions for both Auto Tap and MIDI Clk. By default they should be set to quarter note though.

Would there ever be a situation where they are not set the same ? There is no such setting in the beat buddy so obviously this must be defined by the master.

Back