PBC midi clock and Strymon Volante

jluparello

Hi all! I'm building/programming a board for a friend. I currently have a page of buttons set up to work like a traditional pedal board, each button activating a specific loop as well as a tap tempo button. At first I couldn't get the Volante to recognize the midi clock let alone simple PCs. After 6 hours yesterday I was able to get it to recognize the midi clock from the tap tempo button by turning midi clock off on the Volante and back on again. But after a period of time the Volante ignored the midi clock and ramped from a modulated 100 bpm to something more like a slapback with the Volante's tempo button flashing rapidly. Tapping a new tempo into the PBC did nothing until I turned the midi clock off and back on again on the Volante. Going deeper, it also wasn't passing the midi clock thru to the Mobius as it was set up to do. It only passed the tempo thru when it started ignoring the midi clock sent from the PBC. I contacted Strymon and they suggested something is wrong with the PBC but I find that to be less likely than something with the pedal or it's midi configurations. Has ANYONE experienced anything like this or have some potential solutions? I'm going on two weeks of this build and I've exhausted every option I can think of. I had the midi out of the PBC going direct to Volante's midi in and the midi through to the Mobius. After rounds of nothing working I disconnected the midi going to the Volante and went into a Source Audio Collider and the tap tempo/midi clock worked perfectly. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

That's odd. I don't have any experience with the Volante, so I can't say for sure. If it works fine with a Collider, the PBC is most likely working. Do you have the latest firmware on the Volante?

And, are you using only MIDI clock or are you sending tempo taps using CCs as well? Most pedals misbehave badly if you do both.

That's odd. I don't have any experience with the Volante, so I can't say for sure. If it works fine with a Collider, the PBC is most likely working. Do you have the latest firmware on the Volante?

And, are you using only MIDI clock or are you sending tempo taps using CCs as well? Most pedals misbehave badly if you do both.
Only using midi clock. I have to check the firmware. That and a factory reset are my last two options. Strymon hasn't been much help.

Back