PBC + Mini Amp Gizmo questions.

cosmic_ape

I am having a hard time getting these two to communicate. The Mini Amp Gizmo is working correctly and switching my amp on its own. I set it up to run MIDI on Channel 2, matched it accordingly on the PBC.

I then created a page dedicated to controlling all the Amp switching functions. I wanted it to behave just like the amp's original foot switcher. One button per command (Gain, Mid Boost, OD Channel, Reverb). I set each button individually. IA type, with a single CC action each.

But it won't do anything. At first, I thought maybe I didn't set the Gizmo on the right MIDI channel. I tried a couple of different channels. No dice.

I did notice something. I saved one preset on the Mini Amp Gizmo. Every time I select "Write Changes to Device" on the Editor, this preset gets activated! But I still can't control the Gizmo with the PBC.

I set the looper of my Timeline this way (as a page) before and it works fine. So, I am not exactly sure what I am doing wrong.

What am I missing?

Attachments

• AO PBC-01.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Check your CC range and MIDI channel on the Mini Amp Gizmo. Hold the 1 button on the Mini Amp Gizmo as you power it up. After the lights flash, release 1. Now, check the state of all buttons. To match the configuration in the PBC, it should be set to channel 2, starting at CC88. Make sure that the Gizmo switches are set with switches 1 and 5 turned on, all others turned off (note: the Write switch always stays on). Once you've made any corrections, press Write to store. The lights should flash quickly, then it's ready to go.

Check your CC range and MIDI channel on the Mini Amp Gizmo. Hold the 1 button on the Mini Amp Gizmo as you power it up. After the lights flash, release 1. Now, check the state of all buttons. To match the configuration in the PBC, it should be set to channel 2, starting at CC88. Make sure that the Gizmo switches are set with switches 1 and 5 turned on, all others turned off (note: the Write switch always stays on). Once you've made any corrections, press Write to store. The lights should flash quickly, then it's ready to go.
I was under the impression the setting starting at CC88 was the default setting, so I didn't check that out. Lo and behold, this did the trick. Thank you!

Back