PBC Parallel Signal Routing Question

rlhinc

I'm on the very edge of buying a PBC 10 for a new board, and have a simple (I think!) question about exactly how the parallel signal routing option for Loops 7-10 works.

Are the stereo pedals that sit in those loops (7-10) parallel to each other - therefore remain completely unaffected by each other's audio - or just 'parallel' in relation to the dry signal?

Hope the question makes sense. I'm try to be sure that, for example, a delay in Loop 8 that's running in parallel has NO effect on the signal in a reverb in Loop 10, also set to run in parallel. Other than, of course, when they are combined by the onboard mixer later in the signal path.

Thanks for any clarification about this!

Robert

They are in parallel with each other, so each effect is independent and they don't affect each other.

One note to call out is that they are ALSO parallel with the main signal flow. That is, if you put 7 and 8 in parallel, you'll have three things mixing into your final output: 7, 8, and 9+10. I thought I'd be able to put 7 and 8 into parallel and still run them through 9 and 10, but that doesn't work. Anything in parallel goes straight to your output.

Back