PBC setting Transfer

I have a Mastermind LT. I’ve got a pretty large preset and songs list. If I bought PBC10 or PBC6x, can I use the same settings and songs or would I have to start over? Thanks

No need to start over. You probably want to copy everything over except your button layout, which may not make sense on a new device.

In the editor use the File / Export menu option. Select everything except buttons to export. Save it as a new file name.

Now, go to the Globals tab, and switch model from LT/7 to PBC/6 or PBC/10. Answer Yes when asked if you want to factory reset. Now, load the exported file from the previous step. This will load your presets, songs, setlists, etc. but give you a standard button layout for the new device.

No need to start over. You probably want to copy everything over except your button layout, which may not make sense on a new device.

In the editor use the File / Export menu option. Select everything except buttons to export. Save it as a new file name.

Now, go to the Globals tab, and switch model from LT/7 to PBC/6 or PBC/10. Answer Yes when asked if you want to factory reset. Now, load the exported file from the previous step. This will load your presets, songs, setlists, etc. but give you a standard button layout for the new device.

This sounds pretty easy. You mentioned buttons not being the same. Can I still assign 6 of the buttons to presets per bank and one for IA like on the LT or is the 6x different? I currently use the external switch inputs on the LT for bank up/down. From what I see, it appears that the 6x is basically an LT with loop switching. Is this accurate or are there other limitations I should be aware of? Thanks!!

Yes, you can do everything on the PBC that you can on the LT. I was mostly referring to the fact that the buttons are in different locations. For example, the PBC/10 has a Switches button and a Mute button that the LT doesn't have. The PBC/6X and LT have the same number of buttons, but they're in different locations. For example, the Functioon button is considered button #7 on the LT and button #4 on the PBC, so your Bank Up button will ending doing the job of the Function button. But, this problem is easy to fix by dragging and dropping buttons to rearrange them.

Back