PBC10 in a rack? Has anyone done this?

jjtguitar

Hi everyone. Got a query about whether anyone has used a PBC10 in a rack setup? It's 17.5" wide, so it should fit on a rack shelf.

I'm planning a fairly large board built around the PBC10, with the plan to have a separate MIDI control board. A lot of my playing is at church, and when I'm just playing guitar, I am further back on the stage, and my spaceship can happily sit there.

When I'm singing and playing, I'm usually up the front, and I want to be able to leave my board back of stage and control it with a separate MIDI controller.

That got me to thinking, maybe I should just rack it all up? I also play in a function/cover band, and we often have limited stage space. I won't be able to bring the spaceship out, but if everything was in a rack I might be able to fit it.

Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone on the forum had any insights.

Thanks!

Jonno

The main reason is I already own a PBC10, plus it has a parallel mixer as well as loops.

I agree that an Effects Gizmo or mini effects gizmo setup would make more sense, but I don't own either, and for the setup I want, a line mixer is a must have.

I think you answered your own question then. No reason why you can't put the PCB in a rack. It's going to take up a few spaces and you still have to put a drawer in to fit your other pedals.. You're not going to have any reference of what state the board is in since you can't see the screen.

If you absolutely need a line mixer, then it's another part you'll need. You could look at it this way.... if you don't buy a new guitar at these ridiculous prices, you could buy the components you'd need and save 5000.00 lol. I use a PCB10 and for a rack setup a separate EG and a Rane SM82S. Good luck!

Back