pbc10 loop 7 synesthesia mono input

Daniel Kim

Hello Ron and everyone.
I have a question.
I recently put a gfi synesthesia into my pbc10.
synesthesia in loop 7
loop 8 h9
loop 9 timeline
Loop 10 Big Sky

Synesthesia on loop 7 is mono in/stereo out.
Synesthesia's inputs were connected using regular TS cables.
The output is connected with a ts/ts/trs insert cable and it works well. However, I was wondering if I should use the de-ringed cable for the synesthesia input that Ron mentioned in another post here

Last edited:
You should use a ring disconnect cable on Send 7. Otherwise, you'll be shorting your signal to ground when loop 7 is activated. Buffer #2 will try its best to correct for it, but your tone will be better if you have the right cable in there.

You should use a ring disconnect cable on Send 7. Otherwise, you'll be shorting your signal to ground when loop 7 is activated. Buffer #2 will try its best to correct for it, but your tone will be better if you have the right cable in there.
Ron, I want to make a ring disconnected cable.
Which cable should be used and how do you make it? Can I make it with 2319 Mogami?
Or is it easier to just buy from the maker who makes the cable?

If you already are making normal 1/4-inch cables, ring disconnect cables are just as easy to make. Use the same cable you're using for normal cables (2319 is fine), and just install a TRS plug on one end instead of a TS plug. Connect the cable only to the tip and sleeve and leave the ring conductor disconnected.

If you already are making normal 1/4-inch cables, ring disconnect cables are just as easy to make. Use the same cable you're using for normal cables (2319 is fine), and just install a TRS plug on one end instead of a TS plug. Connect the cable only to the tip and sleeve and leave the ring conductor disconnected.
ron, is the ring disconnect cable used the same in pbc6x? Trying to use GFI Synesthesia for 6x.

ron, is the ring disconnect cable used the same in pbc6x? Trying to use GFI Synesthesia for 6x.
No, the PBC6/X doesn't need mono-stereo or ring disconnect cables. Just use the "Stereo Send" and "Stereo Return" settings for each loop - setting those correctly will eliminate the need for those cables.

No, the PBC6/X doesn't need mono-stereo or ring disconnect cables. Just use the "Stereo Send" and "Stereo Return" settings for each loop - setting those correctly will eliminate the need for those cables.
If so, can I use a normal TS mono cable for the input when using the mono input, stereo out SYNESTHESIA for the stereo loop 4.5.6?

And what is a stereo send stereo return in the editor? I don't know about 6x because I'm moving from PBC10.

Yes, I found it. But I'm curious.
If I connect a typical Strymon TimeLine to Loop 5 of 6x in stereo, if I connect it using an insert cable, then isn't it automatically connected to stereo? Why is there a stereo send and return option?
Because plugging a stereo cable when the system expects mono, or vice-versa, will cause a problem.

For example: If you plug in a mono cable in a jack that's expecting stereo, you'll be sending the right half of the signal directly to ground. If the previous pedal in the signal path is mono, that means the signal will come out of the mono pedal, will split to both the left and right sides for the stereo send, where it's connected to ground through the plug. This will cause partial or total signal loss.

Because plugging a stereo cable when the system expects mono, or vice-versa, will cause a problem.

For example: If you plug in a mono cable in a jack that's expecting stereo, you'll be sending the right half of the signal directly to ground. If the previous pedal in the signal path is mono, that means the signal will come out of the mono pedal, will split to both the left and right sides for the stereo send, where it's connected to ground through the plug. This will cause partial or total signal loss.
Thank you for kindly letting us know. If so, please confirm that my understanding is correct.

connect a mono pedal to loop 4.5.6, use a normal TS cable and disable the stereo send return option in the pbc editor.

connect a stereo pedal to loop 4.5.6, use a TRS cable or insert cable depending on the type of pedal and activate the stereo send return option in the pbc editor.

connect a mono input stereo out pedal to loop 4.5.6, use the ts cable for the input and insert cable for the out, and activate only the stereo return in the pbc editor.( if the mono input stereo out pedal is the last pedal in the pbc signal sequence)

Is my understanding correct?

Thank you for kindly letting us know. If so, please confirm that my understanding is correct.

connect a mono pedal to loop 4.5.6, use a normal TS cable and disable the stereo send return option in the pbc editor.

connect a stereo pedal to loop 4.5.6, use a TRS cable or insert cable depending on the type of pedal and activate the stereo send return option in the pbc editor.

connect a mono input stereo out pedal to loop 4.5.6, use the ts cable for the input and insert cable for the out, and activate only the stereo return in the pbc editor.( if the mono input stereo out pedal is the last pedal in the pbc signal sequence)

Is my understanding correct?
Yes, that's correct. If you do that, everything should work correctly.

Back