PBC10 with MXR External Tap Tempo?

Cyber87

Is the MXR Tap Tempo switch compatible with the PBC10, and if so, can I use a regular TRS cable to connect it to the PBC?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If I want to use the external tap tempo to control a Boss DD500 & 2 H9's via MIDI , should I be connecting the tap tempo switch to a one of the Function Switch inputs or the external switch input? I was going to use the External switch input, but not sure if that is the correct choice. I was watching the video on Auto Tap and it mentioned using the Function switch input. Is there an advantage to using one over the other?

You need to use the external switch input. The function switch output is intended for connection to the tap input on pedals that don't have MIDI.

You need to use the external switch input. The function switch output is intended for connection to the tap input on pedals that don't have MIDI.
Hello!
May i ask for a little help? Im an absolute beginner, im starting my adventures with midi just now. I would like to set up a simple external momentary switch as a tap tempo switch for my PBC10. I intend to send tap tempo to my Strymon Timeline and Mobius but i guess the first step would be to get the PBC10 to recognize this switch. So with a TRS cable (i have also tried a mono cable) i have connected the switch to the Ext Sw input. I have followed the steps that i have seen in "Mastering the Mastermind episode 22". If im not mistaken the external tap tempo starts around 12:20.
I have tried every single options but for some reason i cant get any response from the PBC10. I have tested the switch with other units, it works perfectly well.

Hello!
May i ask for a little help? Im an absolute beginner, im starting my adventures with midi just now. I would like to set up a simple external momentary switch as a tap tempo switch for my PBC10. I intend to send tap tempo to my Strymon Timeline and Mobius but i guess the first step would be to get the PBC10 to recognize this switch. So with a TRS cable (i have also tried a mono cable) i have connected the switch to the Ext Sw input. I have followed the steps that i have seen in "Mastering the Mastermind episode 22". If im not mistaken the external tap tempo starts around 12:20.
I have tried every single options but for some reason i cant get any response from the PBC10. I have tested the switch with other units, it works perfectly well.
Please send me your settings file and I'll have a look.

Back