PBC6X... Buffer ON = Volume Drop

cuterigs

Hello! I'm setting up a rig with a PBC6X. Its a staple in my own rig so I always recommend it to clients looking for a switcher!

Anyway, this client bought one on my recommendation. I set it all up in his rig but after firing everything up, I think it might be broken. I'm not sure if he got his new or used.

Basically, everything is really quiet when the Buffer is ON. I plugged guitar straight into IN 1 and the amp to OUT on the PBC. If I turn the buffer off, all the level comes back (though slightly dark). If I turn on the INSERT (with the pedal in that loop turned off), I can hear some of the brightness come back but no change in level. Presumably, that buffer works fine. Interestingly, Buffer 1 doesn't seem to affect how the Fuzz Face clone in Loop 2 behaves, it just drops over all level. A factory reset didn't help. If I turn off the pedals in all the loops and turn on the loops, nothing changes in sound... buffer 1 I still quiet when ON and it gets to normal level when OFF.

It's on version 4.5, Serial # 00697. I have my doubts, but can a firmware update possibly fix this (and is this unit with that serial even updateable with the Editor)?

Thank you for any help!
jg

That sounds like a hardware issue to me. Updating firmware isn't a bad idea, but unlikely to fix the problem. The only control the CPU has over the buffer is to turn it on or off.

That sounds like a hardware issue to me. Updating firmware isn't a bad idea, but unlikely to fix the problem. The only control the CPU has over the buffer is to turn it on or off.
Got it! That’s what I was thinking. I’ll let him know to reach out to RJM.

Back