PBC6X, HX One, and Conduit connections

Thomas Hopton

Hey there,

Have a PBC6X that I’d like to talk MIDI with an HX One and then a Cloudburst and Dig V2 hooked up via a Conduit box.

Can someone double check my connections and let me know if I’m on or off? Thanks!

PBC > Insert cable MIDI Out > Conduit In > Conduit Out > HX One In > HX One Out > Insert cable Midi In

You probably don't need to loop it around like that. As far as I know, only the big Strymon pedals like the Timeline need a connection like that to communicate with their editor software. You can delete the connection from HX One Out to the MIDI In side of the PBC/6X cable.

Oh okay that makes sense. So the Conduit is connecting to the HX in and the midi in of the insert cable connects to the HX Out?

Oh okay that makes sense. So the Conduit is connecting to the HX in and the midi in of the insert cable connects to the HX Out?
Two options:

PBC MIDI out to Conduit MIDI In, Conduit MIDI out to HX MIDI in

or

PBC MIDI out to HX MIDI In, HX MIDI Out to Conduit MIDI In

Two options:

PBC MIDI out to Conduit MIDI In, Conduit MIDI out to HX MIDI in

or

PBC MIDI out to HX MIDI In, HX MIDI Out to Conduit MIDI In
Ah thank you so much that makes sense now. I guess I don't really even need the midi insert cable then. I can just go straight from PBC to either of those and chain from there. Your support is amazing on here and I'm excited to be using my PBC6X again, it's the best controller out there.

HI
Ah thank you so much that makes sense now. I guess I don't really even need the midi insert cable then. I can just go straight from PBC to either of those and chain from there. Your support is amazing on here and I'm excited to be using my PBC6X again, it's the best controller out there.
I'd like to throw this out there because I was using a Conduit for a strymon pedal I have on my board. I purchased the RJM multibox and that allowed me to not only remove a midi solutions midi 1 in 4 out that I was using for multiple midi pedals, but also get rid of the conduit because the RJM multibox has the TRS midi cable connectors too. The thing is the multibox also works with other vendors via jumpers if you want and you can customize the 5 pin midi options too. I highly recommend you sell the conduit and get the rjm multibox. I'm selling my Conduit right now as a result. I send the midi out of the PBC6X into the multibox that then feeds all the midi pedals and the strymon TRS midi from the same box. Totally worth it!

https://www.rjmmusic.com/multibox-midi-thru-box-and-trs-midi-adapter/

1708891515147.png

HI

I'd like to throw this out there because I was using a Conduit for a strymon pedal I have on my board. I purchased the RJM multibox and that allowed me to not only remove a midi solutions midi 1 in 4 out that I was using for multiple midi pedals, but also get rid of the conduit because the RJM multibox has the TRS midi cable connectors too. The thing is the multibox also works with other vendors via jumpers if you want and you can customize the 5 pin midi options too. I highly recommend you sell the conduit and get the rjm multibox. I'm selling my Conduit right now as a result. I send the midi out of the PBC6X into the multibox that then feeds all the midi pedals and the strymon TRS midi from the same box. Totally worth it!

https://www.rjmmusic.com/multibox-midi-thru-box-and-trs-midi-adapter/

View attachment 3040
Hi there! Thank you for the recommendation! I think I'm still a bit confused how this will be more economical in my setup since it seems it's just replacing the Conduit. I only need midi for two Strymons and the HX One. Sorry, it's my own lack of knowledge with midi setups.

Hi there! Thank you for the recommendation! I think I'm still a bit confused how this will be more economical in my setup since it seems it's just replacing the Conduit. I only need midi for two Strymons and the HX One. Sorry, it's my own lack of knowledge with midi setups.

If you're using TRS midi for all those devices, it won't be more economical since you already have a device (the Conduit). However, you gain ultra flexibility for other pedals from different manufacturers or pedals that use 5 pin midi instead in the future. In my case, I got rid of a midi through box I was using and now I have flexibility I didn't have before really. Also, this may be just me, but the RJM multibox seems quicker when activating midi commands to the devices.

If you're good with your setup that's great, but I'm not a fan of daisy chaining midi if I can avoid it. I've had issues with daisy chaining in the past so it's just one less thing to have to potentially deal with. If what you have is working that's fine and dandy and no need to change, but if you decide to use a different brand pedal that needs 5 pin midi, you will have to add another box or keep daisy chaining. The multibox does both which is fantastic and reduces that extra device underneath the board which saves space and it's totally customizable. I just really love the design and the flexibility. I know I can change brands and different pedals and not have to worry about the midi connections with the multibox.

Hi there, would you happen to know if using the multibox would be more efficient in my setup than using the Conduit? https://www.rjmmusic.com/multibox-midi-thru-box-and-trs-midi-adapter/
If you don't have a Conduit already, then the Multibox will do the same job for you and cost less. But, they really are pretty much equivalent for your purposes, so if you have a Conduit already, you may as well stick with it. The Conduit also has USB capabilities that the Multibox doesn't, but it doesn't sound like you'll be using that.

Back