PBC6X insert loop buffer off/on?

If you’re not using the insert. Does it need to be on for the buffering benefits? Also does placement matter?

If you’re not using the insert. Does it need to be on for the buffering benefits? Also does placement matter?
It's part of the insert loop, so turning off the insert loop turns off the buffer. Moving the insert loop also moves the buffer, and the position matters. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Depends on what you have in the other loops.

@rjmmusic Sorry to hijack this topic a bit but I have a slightly related question. I have customer with a rig I built for him that likes a buffer after his fuzz (it brightens it up a bit).

If I split the insert loop (insert loop 1 has a pedal) and leave insert loop 2 with nothing plugged into it, will it pass signal? My thought is to leave insert 2 on at the end of his chain as an output buffer of sorts. Or will I need to just connect the send to the return of that loop to do this?

@rjmmusic Sorry to hijack this topic a bit but I have a slightly related question. I have customer with a rig I built for him that likes a buffer after his fuzz (it brightens it up a bit).

If I split the insert loop (insert loop 1 has a pedal) and leave insert loop 2 with nothing plugged into it, will it pass signal? My thought is to leave insert 2 on at the end of his chain as an output buffer of sorts. Or will I need to just connect the send to the return of that loop to do this?
As long as you keep insert loop 2 turned off, it will pass signal. If you turn it on, it'll mute. You can lock insert 2 in the off position to prevent this.

Back