PBC6X + Line Mixer for Trails?

cuterigs

Helo!

I've seen a few times where @rjmmusic recommends using a line mixer with the PBC6X to get 'trails' for delay pedals. I have a client that wants to use the PBC6X to minimize tap dancing by making presets. the hang up is that he has a non midi delay pedal and a non midi reverb pedal. How can a line mixer be implemented in this situation to have trails going while also having the delay and reverb pedals in separate loops to be part of different presets?

Thanks so much for your time and help y'all!

jg

Here's a diagram. In this case, "Dry Out" would be the main output of the PBC. Basically, you still use the loops, but the effect outputs go to the mixer instead of back to the switcher. You use the mixer output as your main output. It doesn't matter if the pedals have MIDI capability or not - it'll work either way. The most important thing is that the pedals need to be able to be set to to 100% wet or "kill dry".

Attachments

• MLM-1 Example.pdf
    227.3 KB · Views: 22
Awesome!! This is immensely helpful. Just for my understanding with the PBC6X:

if nothing is plugged into the returns and only the sends on later loops are connected, the signal from the previous loops still passes through to the main output?

thanks so much for your time and help!
jg

More specifically, if nothing is plugged into a loop's return, the signal coming into the loop always continues on to the next loop, regardless of whether the loop is on or not. In the case of that diagram, the signal resulting from loops 1-3 comes out sends 4-6 and the main output. The signal is split and is identical at each send and output.

I'm interested in using a line mixer for my PBC6X but only for the stereo loops ( I want the mono loops to be in serial ) and I looked at your diagram, seems doable but what do you use as a dry output from the PBC 6X ? just the main output ? ( I need to mix in parallel the output of the last Mono loop with all 3 stereo loops ... thank you

I'm interested in using a line mixer for my PBC6X but only for the stereo loops ( I want the mono loops to be in serial ) and I looked at your diagram, seems doable but what do you use as a dry output from the PBC 6X ? just the main output ? ( I need to mix in parallel the output of the last Mono loop with all 3 stereo loops ... thank you
Yes, the main output would be used in that case. It will have the signal from the last series loop.

Back