PBC6X mono/stereo loop question

jo_fi

Hello, I’ve got a question I was hoping to see if anybody knew the answer to off the top of their head.
If you have insert cables in the stereo loops for stereo effects, if I unplug the right in and out of the stereo pedal and tell that loop in the editor that it is a mono loop, is that essentially the same as just switching to a ts cable and running mono in my effects? Like will telling telling the loop that it’s mono in the editor make it ignore the ring on the trs plug essentially?

Basically I have my wet effects in two different stereo loops as well as my iridium in a stereo loop using insert cables. And I don’t want to rewire anything

That's correct, you can just change the setting in the PBC and it will treat the loop as mono, the cable can remain the same. You don't even need to unplug anything from the pedal, unless unplugging is needed to switch the pedal into mono mode.

Thanks so much, that is amazing, this thing can do everything!
Is switching the loops to mono like that footswitchable at all? Or probably just have to do it through the editor each time?

Back