PBC6X Noise Floor

Hello - I believe I have a ground loop noise problem. I’m running in 4CM and when I leave the board plugged into the amp’s loop and plug straight into the amp I get noticeably less noise. It’s a buzzing type sound. I killed power to all pedals and I have the same problem. I noticed there’s no ground loop switch. I’m running a wah out front of the PBC6X and using the Strymon Zumba and Ojai to power everything. Any suggestions?

It's definitely a ground loop. I hear that Lehle makes good isolation transformers that are more tonally transparent, but I haven't ever tried them. You can, in many cases, use a ground lifted cable in place of an isolation transformer. (it's a normal cable, but detach the ground wire on one end).

It's definitely a ground loop. I hear that Lehle makes good isolation transformers that are more tonally transparent, but I haven't ever tried them. You can, in many cases, use a ground lifted cable in place of an isolation transformer. (it's a normal cable, but detach the ground wire on one end).
Would I do this to all the cables on the board or just between the PBC6X and the amp?

Would I do this to all the cables on the board or just between the PBC6X and the amp?
You would want to do this with as few cables as possible, and only the long ones between PBC and amp. Whichever cable(s) you used isolation transformers on would be the ones to replace.

Back