PBC6X: Solutions for Using Expression Pedal for both Midi and Non-Midi enabled effects pedals? (Strymons and Keeley Hydra)

Hi All:
The PBC6x is the heart of my rig and am continually blown away by its quality, the ongoing support for midi devices, etc. I have several Midi-enabled effects pedals on my rig (Strymon Mobius, Volante, Microcosm, Meris Enzo, Deco V2, and a Meris LVX on its way). I also have a Keeley Hydra that I am quite taken by and really suits my needs from a stereo reverb/trem pedal. The one thing lacking from the Hydra is midi. I have a single Dunlop mini pedal connected to my PBC6X's Expression input jack, and I've used the software to setup my presets with the pedal controlling certain pedals' expression.

Is there any way that I can use that same pedal to also drive the expression control over the Keeley Hydra's expression input? Creative use of the Insert loop or otherwise?

Absent using some loop/feature on the PBC6x itself, the Dunlop mini pedal has both a TRS Aux out and TS in & out, wondering if there is any way to also use the in/out and run a Y cable into the keeley hydra expression, or if that won't work.

If not, I saw Lehle makes a dual expression pedal, could I run one line from that to my PBC6X and the other to the Hydra? (Downside there would be it would limit my ability to control per preset when I want to/don't want to be applying the expression to Hydra)?

Any other solutions? I'd rather not lose the pedalboard real-estate to having two expression pedals, and I would really love to be able to swell/control the reverb and trem aspects of the hydra alongside my other stuff.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Welp I answered my own question partially, the pedal can indeed control a TRS expression pedal via the input/output jacks to a Y cable.

Back