PBC6X + Suhr Eclipse

cuterigs

Hello!

I have a setup here I’m working on. Basically, the Suhr Eclipse (distortion/overdrive) is a two channel pedal with a TRS remote switching function. This pedal will be after the PBC6X and will be using the Function switches to toggle channels/bypass.

Tip = Red Channel
Ring = Blue Channel
Tip + Ring = Red Channel
Both off = bypass

Basically, I need a preset to call up the blue channel by default, so I set Function Sw 2 ON in the preset for Ring.

The preset calls up a local page. I need a button that toggles bypass (tip and ring OFF) and a button that switches between blue and red (tip or ring). I have this setup but the hang up is I don’t know how to make it so toggling between bypass and ON goes to whatever the last channel was, blue or red. It seems I have to specify what channel it goes to when turning it back on. Is what I’m looking for possible on the PBC6X?

Thanks all!
jg

On that pedal, there's no separation between channel selection and bypass - they are one and the same. Because of that, there's no memory of what the previous state was. If you don't remember the previous state, you can't return to it. The closest you could get is two buttons - one that toggles between bypass and red channel, and another button that toggles between bypass and blue channel. You would at least be able to decide when channel to land on when pressing one of the buttons to exit bypass.

On that pedal, there's no separation between channel selection and bypass - they are one and the same. Because of that, there's no memory of what the previous state was. If you don't remember the previous state, you can't return to it. The closest you could get is two buttons - one that toggles between bypass and red channel, and another button that toggles between bypass and blue channel. You would at least be able to decide when channel to land on when pressing one of the buttons to exit bypass.
Thank you for the insight! I figured this might be the case but was hoping I might’ve missed something!

I was leaning towards what you said, a bypass/blue switch and a bypass/red switch. Definitely seems the easiest way in this case and it uses the same number of buttons.

Could I perhaps use groups so that I don’t have a red and blue light on when going from blue straight to red? (And “allow all off” so I can still go clean from either button… I forget the name of this function on the GLOBALS/groups section)

Thank you for the insight! I figured this might be the case but was hoping I might’ve missed something!

I was leaning towards what you said, a bypass/blue switch and a bypass/red switch. Definitely seems the easiest way in this case and it uses the same number of buttons.

Could I perhaps use groups so that I don’t have a red and blue light on when going from blue straight to red? (And “allow all off” so I can still go clean from either button… I forget the name of this function on the GLOBALS/groups section)
Yes, a group would help here. Allow all buttons off and Send off messages should be on for the group.

Back