PBC6X trails without a mixer?

cuterigs

Hello!

i recently asked about how to use an external line mixer to get “trails” from non midi delay/reverb pedals in PBC6X loops. it makes perfect sense to me and I look forward to implementing it in a rig some day!

unfortunately, a recent client opted for another brand switcher for their rig that has an internal mixer to achieve trails because they didn’t want to buy more stuff. I think RJM makes the best stuff, so I was a bit bummed about this but was happy to accommodate the client.

anyway, I don’t know anything about how the tech works so this could be a dumb idea. The Line 6 Helix gear (helix, HXFX, HX Stomp) has at least one effects loop for external pedals. It has a “trails mode” for the loops that seemingly turns off the SEND to the input of the pedal and leaves the RETURN on. Unfortunately, you can hear whatever slight hiss or background noise a pedal might generate on its own, but as long as we are aware that this is a sort of “catch”, is this easier said than done?

a loop can be set globally to “trails” and anytime the loop turns off, it just turns off the send and leaves the return on? It wouldn’t be perfect but possibly a reasonable work around? Again, I don’t know anything about the tech, I’m just spitballing!

thanks for listening!

That's definitely how it works, but the key piece is that you need a mixer to combine the output from the pedal with the dry signal. Otherwise, when you switched off the pedal's input, you would get only the trails and no other guitar signal. If you weren't using a switcher, the equivalent would be pulling the cable from the delay pedal's input.

That's definitely how it works, but the key piece is that you need a mixer to combine the output from the pedal with the dry signal. Otherwise, when you switched off the pedal's input, you would get only the trails and no other guitar signal. If you weren't using a switcher, the equivalent would be pulling the cable from the delay pedal's input.
That makes perfect sense! Thanks for the knowledge!

Back