PBC6X with Midi-Solutions Quadra Thru

jkarbel

I'm trying to split the midi signal from my PBC6X in order to handle additional "dead end" TRS devices. I've purchased a Midi-Solutions Quadra Thru to split the signal. For some reason, the box does not seem to be receiving the required power from the PBC. Anybody try this box with the PBC6X and how did you hook it up to make it work. As an FYI I'm using One Control cables.

I recommend trying a different MIDI cable. I've never used One Control cables, but from others' reports, it sounds like they aren't shielded and don't have the ground wire in them. That would prevent the Quadra Thru from being powered.

I can confirm that. On my last pedalboard build, I had intended to use a One Control MIDI cable for the Quadra Thru, and had to switch to a standard cable. Once I did, it worked perfectly.

I have 2 Quadra Thru and a Midi Merge from Midi Solutions in my board and they are all kinda picky with the midi cable you use, since it also sends power to the device.
Depending on how the wires are connected, the cable may not send "phantom power" correctly.
For example, my low profiles One Control midi cables just don't work with the Quadra Thru. Change your cable and everything will be fine.
I recommend any btpa midi cable (https://btpa.com) as they are made with supreme workmanship.

Thanks to all who replied. I got a different brand of cable and the box now works great. Unfortunately I’ve started another thread about the pedal it’s hooked up to not working. I think that’s a different cable issue.

Back