PBC's switch and Bogner pedal...

Livio

I've a Bogner Ecstasy Blue pedal that has a remote switch to control the on/off and the boost function. I saw this video on youtube:

Can i do the same using the PBC's switch?

Yes, you can use one of the Function Switch outputs for that purpose. Just make sure that the function switches are set to momentary, and it'll work fine.

Yes, you can use one of the Function Switch outputs for that purpose. Just make sure that the function switches are set to momentary, and it'll work fine.
I forgot to ask you the time i need to select on the editor when i set the switch on momentary

It doesn' t turn off the switch after that time? I was reading the manual and it seems that turn off the function after the time has passed...........

It turns off the function switch, but that won't turn off the pedal. The pedal expects a momentary button press - you press a button and release it to activate the pedal. A momentary function switch simulates this action.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a similar question.

When dealing with a remote controlled pedal via a momentary function action, just like the bogner mentioned above, will it be possible to store the pedal status on a patch per patch basis? Or would the way the pedal switches depend on the switch status in the previous patch?

If I have the function switch turned on for preset 1, it sends a momentary signal to the relay in the pedal, telling it to turn on. When I then switch to preset 2, which has the function switch turned off, does the pbc tell the pedal to turn off?

Cheers

Pedals that accept a momentary switch are tricky to work with. They can't be told to turn on or turn off, they can only be told to change.

If you assign a button on the PBC to control the pedal's on/off state, then it will keep track of the pedal's expected state. When switching presets, it will figure out when the momentary pulse needs to be sent to the pedal and when it shouldn't. But, the PBC and the pedal have to start in the same state. If the pedal powers up in the on state, but the PBC expects it to be off, then the pedal will always be in the opposite state the PBC thinks it is. Just switch the pedal manually to the off state in this case to fix it.

Reactions: Jop
Back