PC change attached to Song

GregBouchard

I’m planning to purchase an HX Stomp in the near future and would like to make use of its “Snapshot” feature. To do so, in setlist mode, I’d like to be able to have the PBC select a preset on the Stomp with song selection then remain in that preset until a new song is selected while still being able to select Snapshots within that preset for my different PBC presets within that song.

In my mind, small and echoey as it is, there would have to be a PC command attached to the song which would be ignored until a new song was selected.

Beuller?

When you're in that preset, as long as you have a button on the PBC to control the CC and choose one of the 3 snapshots available. You can have the button work as a step function too. If you don't want to take up a button on the PBC, I'd imagine you can configure one of the buttons on that pedal to do the same thing.

CC# 69, 0-2,8and9: Snapshot select (0=Snapshot 1, 1=Snapshot 2, 2=Snapshot 3, 8=Nextsnapshot,9=Previoussnapshot)

That’s not exactly what I’m hoping for.

I’m wanting one Stomp preset to serve one song and be able to select snapshots as part of my PBC preset selection WITHOUT changing the Stomp preset. I’m hoping to avoid HX latency by using the snapshots instead of PCs.

There's no way to attach anything to a song, a song is only a list of presets (ok, I did add tempo somewhere along the line, but that's the only other information you can store in a song).

However, we do something similar when supporting the Axe-Fx's scenes feature, and it should work for you as well. In each song, specify that one specific PC is sent to the HX Stomp for each preset within that song. For example, all presets in the first song should send PC0, all presets in the second song should send PC1, etc. Then, either use a group of IA buttons to send the snapshot select message, or use a preset action. Then, in the Devices tab, make sure "Send Redundant PCs" is turned off for the HX Stomp. Then, it will only send PC messages when you switch songs, not when you switch presets within a song.

Thanks, that’s helpful, the only caveat is that I use a catalog of standard presets which are used over and over in songs. I may just have to rethink my organization method.

Greg, You're not changing presets. Using one other button, that is NOT a preset button. All you need is to create an IA button. You would send messages configured as I mentioned with that one IA button. The one button can be set to however you like. Myself, I'd probably set it as a IA Cycle so it only takes the one button to control all three snapshots. Press it once, snapshot 1, press again, snapshot 2, press again, snapshot 3..then back to 1 another press.

For example, say you set one preset for "Song A". The IA button, let's call it "snapshots". That can control all three snapshots within the preset "Song A".

There are multiple ways of doing it, choose which works best for you.

I understand, the problem is that I’ll be running the Stomp along with at least 1 H9 and a Mobius. The way I work it now is I assemble a group of “Stock” PBC presets from a library I’ve made for a song. They’re not song specific. Crunch, clean w/ chorus, grind w/whammy etc. Within each of these I have 2 IA buttons that engage/bypass 1 H9 and the Mobius. All of my PBC buttons are spoken for, i was going to substitute either an H9 or the Mobius for the Stomp.

In my mind, to use Ron’s or your suggestion, I’ll need song specific presets and work within those.

I was hoping to replace my Mobius which is my pre dirt modulation, and gain amp modeling using the 4 cable method. I use different types of modulation for different songs, thus my preference for the stock vs song specific presets for the PBC.

I get what you’re saying, I’ll give it a good think. Like I mentioned earlier, I might just have to change how I do things.

I'll upload my settings so you can see what I'm doing.

Attachments

• Greg Working.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
I can play around with it. Each person likes their own configurations though, so what works for me, may not for you. Just opening the file, I see you're not using the external buttons. Why not get a small two button pedal switch to open up your choices without sacrificing a PBC button? The one I use, it the same size footprint as a xotic compressor pedal and works great! Those could be your bank up/down buttons.

I do use 1 of the external switches, I have an expression pedal with a toe switch that I use for the speed of my rotary effects. I'm planning on using it with the Stomp to activate a wah block.

My 32" pedal board is pretty full as well...

Attachments

• pedalboard-1.JPG
    pedalboard-1.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 12
Back