Pedal changing MIDI Lights???

Andy Power

Hi Wonder if you can help. I have my GT16 controlling my Axe II on MIDI Chan 1, and also switching on/off vocal effects on MIDI Chan 2. I use a Voodoo control switch on MIDI 3 to switch on/off the click track. My lights are also in the system as they run on MIDI info from the click track. The problem is when I select certain settings on the GT16 it changes the lights (the Lights are on 15 (bank) and 16 (Presets). its the presets that are changed even though the GT is set to up chaps 1, 2 and 3 only?
Could this have something to do with the Send CCs on Preset Change being selected? What would happen if I unchecked it? I have no idea what else it could be.... I have included my setup.

Andy.

Attachments

• Setup July 21.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Send CCs on Preset Change will potentially change how your whole system works. I don't recommend changing that at this point.

I would look at the lights themselves. Are you sure they are only set up to respond to channels 15 and 16?

Send CCs on Preset Change will potentially change how your whole system works. I don't recommend changing that at this point.

I would look at the lights themselves. Are you sure they are only set up to respond to channels 15 and 16?
Hi, the light unit is a DMXIS they only operate on chan 15 for bank, and chan 16 for preset - its the presets that change - particularly when I press the 'Preset + and - and the Vox FX buttons.

If you have a computer with a MIDI interface, you could use it to see what's coming out of the GT. While I suppose it's possible, I've never - not once - seen a Mastermind send on a MIDI channel that isn't specified in the Devices tab.

A good test would be to plug the GT's MIDI output directly into the light controller's MIDI input to see if anything changes.

If you have a computer with a MIDI interface, you could use it to see what's coming out of the GT. While I suppose it's possible, I've never - not once - seen a Mastermind send on a MIDI channel that isn't specified in the Devices tab.

A good test would be to plug the GT's MIDI output directly into the light controller's MIDI input to see if anything changes.
The light Unit is USB connection

How are you routing the GT's MIDI output to it, then?
Here’s the MIDI setup. The Cymatic sends out MIDI information to the lights (on midi chan 15 and 16) and also to the Axe fx midi channel 1)

Attachments

• E7EC031E-EF2D-4F23-9297-3C8DB1F1E619.jpeg
    E7EC031E-EF2D-4F23-9297-3C8DB1F1E619.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
I also recommend temporarily connecting the GT"s MIDI output directly to the computer's USB-MIDI cable to see if the problem still happens with the other hardware taken out of the equation.

Their box uses "running status" which is a feature that isn't compatible with some MIDI devices (including ours). In this case, with the merger after the GT's output, it shouldn't affect our devices, but it could affect others. I recommend taking it out of the picture to see if it helps.

Their box uses "running status" which is a feature that isn't compatible with some MIDI devices (including ours). In this case, with the merger after the GT's output, it shouldn't affect our devices, but it could affect others. I recommend taking it out of the picture to see if it helps.
only the Preset + and Preset -, 3rds only/5th & 3rd buttons change the light settings, none of the other buttons do? also ig I change the presets from the Axe III it doesn't effect the lights only if I change the presets from the GT-16.

Last edited:
only the Preset + and Preset -, 3rds only/5th & 3rd buttons change the light settings, none of the other buttons do? also ig I change the presets from the Axe III it doesn't effect the lights only if I change the presets from the GT-16.
I can't say what's going on without looking at a MIDI monitor trace, but I've had numerous problems with that MIDI merger. If it's the culprit in your case, it's the second one I've had to deal with in the past week.

Back