Pedal not functioning properly in PBC loop?

LeeB

I posted this question in another thread I had made. I haven't made headway though and thought there might be some people who could help me out. I'm going to upload a video as well, sorry about the mess, as you'll see I had cables going all over the place to try and suss it out.

I have a Catalinbread CSIDMAN that does not want to play with the PBC. I've emailed Catalinbread and they responded quickly.. then after I gave some more detailed info they went radio silent. I've tried following up a couple times with no luck, so maybe someone here can help.

When the pedal is bypassed, my signal is normal. I have a lot of cabling running so I have all 3 buffers and a boss as a buffer in the mix. When the pedal is activated it makes my signal sound exactly like it sounds when I turn off the first buffer. I'd originally started with the pedal in Loop 1. I tried multiple loops (only 1-6 as 7-10 go to my FX loop) and many different cables/lengths. The same thing happens every time. That said, if I place it outside of the PBC it works fine. If I stick another pedal in place of the CSIDMAN, it works. I've also tried different power supplies just in case.

This is my setup:

Guitar-->Neutrik 1/4"-->Whammy 5->Ernie Ball Volume-->PBC Input (Buffer Engaged)

Loop 1 - CSIDMAN
Loop 2 - 535q Wah
Loop 3 - N/A
Loop 4 - N/A

Loops 1-4 Output-->Loops 5-6 Input

Loop 5 - Big Muff Op Amp Pi
Loop 6 - Tuber Screamer

Loops 5-6 Output-->Boss DD-5-->Radial Bigshot ABY-->(2)Neutrik 1/4"-->1 Orange and 1 Marshal head

FX Loop Send from the Orange head-->Neutrik 1/4"-->PBC Loops 7-10 Input (Buffer Engaged)

Loop 7 - Rotovibe
Loop 8 - Phase 90
Loop 9 - BF-2
Loop 10 - MF Delay

Loops 7-10 Output (Buffer Engaged)-->Timeline Delay-->Neutrik 1/4"-->FX Loop Return to the Orange head

I love this pedal. I wish it would work out. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v00wejzzorb8be5/20200523_145410_1.mp4?dl=0

Last edited:
It sounds like an impedance issue. Make sure to check not only the cables that are connected directly to the pedal, but also the next cable and next pedal (if any) that's in the signal path, as well as the previous cable and previous pedal.

You can also try adding a buffer before or after the pedal, in the same loop. If it is an impedance issue, it should fix it.

It sounds like an impedance issue. Make sure to check not only the cables that are connected directly to the pedal, but also the next cable and next pedal (if any) that's in the signal path, as well as the previous cable and previous pedal.

You can also try adding a buffer before or after the pedal, in the same loop. If it is an impedance issue, it should fix it.
Thanks! It was indeed needing a buffer. Case closed. Mounted one on the underside of my board :)

Back